Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sizing digital photos

Sizing digital photos

Steve Young

> > "Al Treacher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > This response was uncalled for. The original poster had a legitimate
> > question to which we was hoping to find a helpful answer, rather than
> > abuse. Simply because you, I, or someone else might think the topic
> > basic does not mean it's worthy only of insulting the questioner.
> >
> > This newsgroup is about discussion, help and advice on all matters
> > digital isn't it? Oh yes, and there's another word too...
> > encouragement.
> >
> > Try decaf.

> > On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:18:38 +0900, "Tony Spadaro"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > Help? I guess! You need a new life! Now yet another useless
> > >asshole is added to my killfile! I'll get this place clean yet and
> > >then I read without anoying know-nothing babies asking the most
> > >stupid questions! FLUSSSSH!

> "Fletis Humplebacker" <!> wrote

> Either someone hijacked his name in an attempt to discredit him or
> his immune system no longer responds to the medication.

This is a problem we have with him here. He's an angry spoiled kid when
his medication isn't working and he has delusions that he owns this place.
This seems to happen often lately Judging by the time it happened,
I'd guess maybe he just came in from closing down the bars. sad sad sad

Steve Young

Marvin Margoshes

"Kenarber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help, I am new to digital photography.
>
> 1. When I load from camera to PC can I auto size the shots so they fit the

PC
> screen?

If you view the pictures in MS Internet Explorer under Windows XP, large
pictures are automatuically resized to fit the screen. AFAK, all
image-editing software lets you set the size of the picture on the screen.

> 2. Why do my photos have a Netscape logo and I must access them via

netscape
> to view them.

That is strange. What camera are you using, and what is the file format.
(It is usually .jpg.)

> thanks to whomever responds.

Tony Spadaro

The response was a phony, by a troll. He is mad because I spoil his
auctions. Killfile him and go on with your life.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Al Treacher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This response was uncalled for. The original poster had a legitimate
> question to which we was hoping to find a helpful answer, rather than
> abuse. Simply because you, I, or someone else might think the topic
> basic does not mean it's worthy only of insulting the questioner.
>
> This newsgroup is about discussion, help and advice on all matters
> digital isn't it? Oh yes, and there's another word too...
> encouragement.
>
> Try decaf.
>

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:18:38 +0900, "Tony Spadaro"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Help? I guess! You need a new life! Now yet another useless
> >asshole is added to my killfile! I'll get this place clean yet and
> >then I read without anoying know-nothing babies asking the most stupid
> >questions! FLUSSSSH!

Chris S

We disagree. This is a digital camera discussion group, not a grammatical
one. People get too uptight about the wording of a sentence. Spell check,
I use it, I love it. If I didn't have it, things would be a lot worse.

Chris S.

news:(E-Mail Removed)-b.net...

--
> David Dyer-Bennet, <(E-Mail Removed)>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
> RKBA: <noguns-nomoney.com> <www.dd-b.net/carry/>
> Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net> Snapshots:

<www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>

Chris S

You see Tony, it works in reverse. You are the injuring party here. The
original poster is asking basic questions because he's a newbie. He even
stated so. You are the jerk for jumping on him for this.

Flame suit on, except I won't hear Tony's replies.

Chris S.

"Tony Spadaro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfareu$15v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help? I guess! You need a new life! Now yet another useless
> asshole is added to my killfile! I'll get this place clean yet and
> then I read without anoying know-nothing babies asking the most stupid
> questions! FLUSSSSH!
>
> --
> http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
> home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
> The Improved Links Pages are at
> New email - Contact on the Menyou page.
> "Kenarber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Help, I am new to digital photography.
> >
> > 1. When I load from camera to PC can I auto size the shots so they fit

> the PC
> > screen?
> >
> > 2. Why do my photos have a Netscape logo and I must access them via

> netscape
> > to view them.
> >
> > thanks to whomever responds.

Tony Cooper

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Help? I guess! You need a new life! Now yet another useless
>asshole is added to my killfile! I'll get this place clean yet and
>then I read without anoying know-nothing babies asking the most stupid
>questions! FLUSSSSH!

Hey, if there's anything I can't stand it's waiting for the shoe to
drop. Killfile me now! I know something stupid is this way coming.

--
Tony Cooper aka: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Provider of Jots, Tittles, and Oy!s

dslr

Tony Cooper wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:18:38 +0900, "Tony Spadaro"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Help? I guess! You need a new life! Now yet another useless
> >asshole is added to my killfile! I'll get this place clean yet and
> >then I read without anoying know-nothing babies asking the most stupid
> >questions! FLUSSSSH!

> Hey, if there's anything I can't stand it's waiting for the shoe to
> drop. Killfile me now! I know something stupid is this way coming.

Only trouble is, the asshole wasn't Tony - just someone pretending to
be.

--
regards,
dslr

dslr

Tesselator wrote:

> Don't worry about it Mr. Cooper, Tony Spadaro is a sick person!
> First he tells everyone to f*** off then realizes he may have
> been rash in a few instances and claims someone is impersonating
> him. I checked the news headers and it's all the same guy!
> Also the posting styles are identical!

Well, you didn't check very bloody hard did you?
The impersonator was posting from a Japanese host, whilst Tony posts
from a US host.

Agreed, Tony can be a little blunt at times, usually with persistant
idiots, never new people.
However this (and other posts) went way beyond his style.

--
regards,
dslr

Tesselator

"dslr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tesselator wrote:
> >
> > Don't worry about it Mr. Cooper, Tony Spadaro is a sick person!
> > First he tells everyone to f*** off then realizes he may have
> > been rash in a few instances and claims someone is impersonating
> > him. I checked the news headers and it's all the same guy!
> > Also the posting styles are identical!
> >

> Well, you didn't check very bloody hard did you?
> The impersonator was posting from a Japanese host, whilst Tony posts
> from a US host.
>
> Agreed, Tony can be a little blunt at times, usually with persistant
> idiots, never new people.
> However this (and other posts) went way beyond his style.
>
> --
> regards,
> dslr

between an Ialian server and a Japanese one. I also use the same servers so
I picked up on it quick. I also use 3 US based servers and one in Russia for
that matter.

John Navas

In <(E-Mail Removed)> on Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:54:48 -0400,
"Marvin Margoshes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Kenarber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Help, I am new to digital photography.
>>
>> 1. When I load from camera to PC can I auto size the shots so they fit the PC
>> screen?

>If you view the pictures in MS Internet Explorer under Windows XP, large
>pictures are automatuically resized to fit the screen. AFAK, all
>image-editing software lets you set the size of the picture on the screen.

Most, perhaps, but not all, and even then it can be a manual process that
isn't obvious.

--
Best regards,
John Navas