Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper & Canon i9100

Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper & Canon i9100

street shooter

Any experiences running Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper through the
Canon i9100? I need to purchae a photo quality printer, and I am
nearly set on the i9100; the choice of paper is a definite as I use
Kodak Endura Lustre finish for my chemically processed color prints,
and Kodak Polycontrast III Lustre finish for my chemically processed
B&W's. I would consider either the Epson 1280 or 2200 if my paper of
choice will not work well with the Canon printer. Is there any other
lustre finish, photo quality inkjet paper that I might consider? I
want the paper to have the same look (textured shine) and feel
(weight/thickness) as the chemical process photo papers I use.
Thanks!

Michael

Mark M

"street shooter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Any experiences running Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper through the
> Canon i9100? I need to purchae a photo quality printer, and I am
> nearly set on the i9100; the choice of paper is a definite as I use
> Kodak Endura Lustre finish for my chemically processed color prints,
> and Kodak Polycontrast III Lustre finish for my chemically processed
> B&W's. I would consider either the Epson 1280 or 2200 if my paper of
> choice will not work well with the Canon printer. Is there any other
> lustre finish, photo quality inkjet paper that I might consider? I
> want the paper to have the same look (textured shine) and feel
> (weight/thickness) as the chemical process photo papers I use.
> Thanks!

One you may wish to also try is Epson Semigloss Color Life paper.
It has a nice, heavy feel, and that shiny/textured look--very similar to
Premium Luster. If you like Epson's papers, I would NOT go with the Canon!
Stick with Epson. (No...I'm not anti-Canon--I own about $15,000 worth of
Canon gear...just not their printers...which I feel cannot hold a candle to
Epson).

Bill Hilton

>From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (street shooter)

>Any experiences running Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper through the
>Canon i9100? I need to purchae a photo quality printer, and I am
>nearly set on the i9100; the choice of paper is a definite as I use
>Kodak Endura Lustre finish for my chemically processed color prints,
>and Kodak Polycontrast III Lustre finish for my chemically processed
>B&W's. I would consider either the Epson 1280 or 2200 if my paper of
>choice will not work well with the Canon printer.

Dunno about the Canon, but I have both of the Epson's you mention, and my
advice is that they work best with the papers Epson supports since the inks
were developed in conjunction with the papers, plus you get full ICM profile
support. So if you're not satisfied with the Epson papers (the 2200 has a nice
selection, including a Luster paper) and are determined to print on Kodak
papers I'd say *don't* get the Epson.

Maybe someone else can help with info on the Canon model you mentioned.

Frank Ehrlich

(E-Mail Removed) (street shooter) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Any experiences running Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper through the
> Canon i9100? I need to purchae a photo quality printer, and I am
> nearly set on the i9100; the choice of paper is a definite as I use
> Kodak Endura Lustre finish for my chemically processed color prints,
> and Kodak Polycontrast III Lustre finish for my chemically processed
> B&W's. I would consider either the Epson 1280 or 2200 if my paper of
> choice will not work well with the Canon printer. Is there any other
> lustre finish, photo quality inkjet paper that I might consider? I
> want the paper to have the same look (textured shine) and feel
> (weight/thickness) as the chemical process photo papers I use.
> Thanks!
>
> Michael

I second the warning about staying away from Kodak inkjet papers.
There's no correlation between these and Kodak chemical papers. The
worst results I have seen from an Epson 2200 were on Kodak papers.

Frank

eeb912

I used Epson Premium Luster paper on my Canon S900 with beautiful results.
You'd probably get the same on the newer model Canon printer. I switched to
an Epson 2200 though because I print photos for clients and wasn't sure
about the longevity of the prints. If you are printing for your own
purposes and keeping your images on cd, then I would recommend the combo of
the Canon printer and the Premium Luster paper. I set the Canon printer on
Glossy Photo Paper and the prints looked great.

Liz

"street shooter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Any experiences running Epson Premium Lustre Photo Paper through the
> Canon i9100? I need to purchae a photo quality printer, and I am
> nearly set on the i9100; the choice of paper is a definite as I use
> Kodak Endura Lustre finish for my chemically processed color prints,
> and Kodak Polycontrast III Lustre finish for my chemically processed
> B&W's. I would consider either the Epson 1280 or 2200 if my paper of
> choice will not work well with the Canon printer. Is there any other
> lustre finish, photo quality inkjet paper that I might consider? I
> want the paper to have the same look (textured shine) and feel
> (weight/thickness) as the chemical process photo papers I use.
> Thanks!
>
> Michael

Gary Eickmeier

"eeb912" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I used Epson Premium Luster paper on my Canon S900 with beautiful results.
> You'd probably get the same on the newer model Canon printer. I switched

> an Epson 2200 though because I print photos for clients and wasn't sure
> about the longevity of the prints. If you are printing for your own
> purposes and keeping your images on cd, then I would recommend the combo

of
> the Canon printer and the Premium Luster paper. I set the Canon printer

on
> Glossy Photo Paper and the prints looked great.

Sounds like a good answer. I have found so far that the Epson papers seem to
be perfectly compatible with my Canon (i950) printer. I am still looking for
some more of the fancier Epson papers to try out, since Canon doesn't have
very many.

Gary Eickmeier