Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Has photosig gone?

Has photosig gone?

Nod

Hi there.
Just tried to get to photosig but It looks like it's down. Has the site
folded?

Any reccommendations for other critique based sites to upload photos to?

Thanks
Andrew.

Nod

Yeah, OK. Point taken. But it certainly was in January 2002 when I first
went there. I did write to Willis a few months ago with a few criticisms and
got a lot of verbal back from him. I guess he's got his come-uppance now
though. Know of any others?

Regards
Andrew

"Bryce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3CzRa.31$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You call photosig a critique based site?
>
> Wow!

Bryce

Heck, you could walk down the street and get better critiques than you could
on photosig. You put a picture of an ugly fat chick chick up there and all
the horn dogs will give it a 9 or a 10. You put a pic of something "artful"
up there and it might get a 3.

Be careful with online critiques. The critique is usually not worth much
more than who is giving the critique. And since you don't know who is giving
you the critique, how much do you really think it's worth?

"Nod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f16c65d$0$12149$(E-Mail Removed). co.uk...
> Yeah, OK. Point taken. But it certainly was in January 2002 when I first
> went there. I did write to Willis a few months ago with a few criticisms

and
> got a lot of verbal back from him. I guess he's got his come-uppance now
> though. Know of any others?
>
> Regards
> Andrew
>

> "Bryce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3CzRa.31$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You call photosig a critique based site?
> >
> > Wow!

Marcelo Guerra

www.photoforum.ru
www.usefilm.com
www.photographer.ru

elemar@comcast.net

Nod <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Hi there.
: Just tried to get to photosig but It looks like it's down. Has the site
: folded?

: Any reccommendations for other critique based sites to upload photos to?

: Thanks
: Andrew.

I just checked and I can get to the site from my work computer. There was a
problem with sprint blocking a range of IP addresses that contained the IPs
for both www.photosig.com and www.artsig.com, but sprint fixed that late
last week.

Ray

--
E. Ray Lemar http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Rene

> Any reccommendations for other critique based sites to upload photos to?

Before you upload any pics anywhere, you should carefully examine
the terms and conditions of that party! Most of these socalled "critique
based sites" force you to give them an eternal universal right-of-use
which can go very far.
I'm not implying in any way this is the case for you, but a lot of people
upload pics on those sites out of some sort of photographic narcism.
People are proud to see their pic on an 'official' looking site and don't
realise they just gave their intellectual property away. And why? As
said by other posters in this thread, the critiques are worth sh*t....

I'd advise everybody to build their own website or homepage to
display their best photo's. It is much more intimate, tailored to
your style and photo's, no banners or irritating popups, and
nobody to make rules!

Grtx,

Rene

Photosig down again M Barnes Digital Photography 3 06-16-2004 05:12 PM
re: PhotoSig ppp Digital Photography 2 06-14-2004 10:44 AM
PhotoSIG Dead? M Barnes Digital Photography 3 06-13-2004 04:25 AM
PhotoSIG: serverproblems??? .Ilja Oblomov Digital Photography 2 04-05-2004 06:23 PM
Re: Photosig Alton Digital Photography 0 07-10-2003 02:29 PM

Advertisments