Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Recommendation for a new 3.x Megapixel Digital Camera - For a maximum of $US 300.00

Recommendation for a new 3.x Megapixel Digital Camera - For a maximum of $US 300.00

Peter

Hi everyone, I would appreciate your best 3 personal preferences for a
non-professional, casual user. Best value for money with ease of use and
features (including flash). I can follow up the details myself to shift
through the information. My first digital was a Logitech QuickCam Traveler.
Thank you all.

Matt

news:_DuRa.373$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone, I would appreciate your best 3 personal preferences for a
> non-professional, casual user. Best value for money with ease of use and
> features (including flash). I can follow up the details myself to shift
> through the information. My first digital was a Logitech QuickCam

Traveler.
> Thank you all.

$300 max for the camera itself or do you mean including all accessories? My
Canon A70 3.2MP camera has cost me about $400 with the case and 356MB CF
card.

Bill Grubbs

checkout the A70 from B&H online. Great ordering experience and I love the
camera. With 128MB Memory card it was just over 300 including shipping.

news:_DuRa.373$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone, I would appreciate your best 3 personal preferences for a
> non-professional, casual user. Best value for money with ease of use and
> features (including flash). I can follow up the details myself to shift
> through the information. My first digital was a Logitech QuickCam

Traveler.
> Thank you all.

jb

Canon A70!

"Bill Grubbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7wwRa.5732$(E-Mail Removed)...
> checkout the A70 from B&H online. Great ordering experience and I love the
> camera. With 128MB Memory card it was just over 300 including shipping.
>
> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_DuRa.373$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi everyone, I would appreciate your best 3 personal preferences for a
> > non-professional, casual user. Best value for money with ease of use and
> > features (including flash). I can follow up the details myself to shift
> > through the information. My first digital was a Logitech QuickCam

> Traveler.
> > Thank you all.

Fred

"Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<_DuRa.373$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi everyone, I would appreciate your best 3 personal preferences for a
> non-professional, casual user. Best value for money with ease of use and
> features (including flash). I can follow up the details myself to shift
> through the information. My first digital was a Logitech QuickCam Traveler.
> Thank you all.

I like the Kodak DX6340. It has 16 MB internal memory, and with 128MB
SD card (at Costco) the total is just about $400.

Best features are a 4X optical zoom (= 144 mm on a 35-mm camera) with
an excellent lens system, powerful flash, some manual control (of
aperture and shutter speed). For some reason Kodak is looked down on
by some, but they've come up with a good camera for both first-time
users wanting a point-and-shoot, and for intermediate users.

Ralph O'Rourke

May I ask, where have you seen a Nikon 3100 (I assume you mean the
CoolPix 3100) for $300?

RR

On 17 Jul 2003 11:34:23 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)et (HRosita) wrote:

> [...]

Don Coon

http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/ma...f=pg&dfdate=07
_17_2003

Among others.... check www.pricegrabber.com

"Ralph O'Rourke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> May I ask, where have you seen a Nikon 3100 (I assume you mean the
> CoolPix 3100) for $300?
>
> RR

chibitul

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)et (HRosita) wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Here is my short list:
> Fuji A303 (I have it)
> Canon A70
> Nikon 3100
> Rosita

What about Pentax Optio 33L? No one talks about it, although reviews
seem good. I just adviced a friend to get one, hope I didn't make a
mistake??? Thanks!

Peter

Thank you everybody for your recommendations and pointers..........now comes
the hard part! Happy snapping!
Kind regards, Peter

news:_DuRa.373$(E-Mail Removed)...