Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Best software to create Video CD slide shows

Best software to create Video CD slide shows

Rob Broschard

I am looking for recommendations on software that will enable me to easily
create Video CD slide shows from jpeg, bmp, or tiff files. I want to play
the slide shows on my DVD player. Is there any shareware that does this ?
Thanks

Michalkun

"Rob Broschard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I am looking for recommendations on software that will enable me to
> easily create Video CD slide shows from jpeg, bmp, or tiff files. I
> want to play the slide shows on my DVD player. Is there any shareware
> that does this ? Thanks

I think NERO for CD burning also have an option to make a VCD with images.

ralford

if you enjoy photographs at all, you will certainly be disappointed with VCD
quality - about the same as VHS at best. Any of the common video nle
software will import the images and create a slide show, and most will
create a DVD. Significant difference it the mpg-2 encoding on the DVD
products. Check into ULEAD for example.

Nero will create VCD's and with the additional mpeg2 encoder will create
DVDs.

rma

"Michalkun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93BBA0D0A5961michalkunyahoocom@130.133.1.4 ...
> "Rob Broschard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I am looking for recommendations on software that will enable me to
> > easily create Video CD slide shows from jpeg, bmp, or tiff files. I
> > want to play the slide shows on my DVD player. Is there any shareware
> > that does this ? Thanks

> I think NERO for CD burning also have an option to make a VCD with images.

Richard McKenzie

Take a look at ProShow Gold www.photodex.com
"Michalkun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93BBA0D0A5961michalkunyahoocom@130.133.1.4 ...
> "Rob Broschard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I am looking for recommendations on software that will enable me to
> > easily create Video CD slide shows from jpeg, bmp, or tiff files. I
> > want to play the slide shows on my DVD player. Is there any shareware
> > that does this ? Thanks

> I think NERO for CD burning also have an option to make a VCD with images.

Michalkun

"ralford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:%3FRa.55898$(E-Mail Removed):

> if you enjoy photographs at all, you will certainly be disappointed
> with VCD quality - about the same as VHS at best. Any of the common
> video nle software will import the images and create a slide show, and
> most will create a DVD. Significant difference it the mpg-2 encoding
> on the DVD products. Check into ULEAD for example.
>
> Nero will create VCD's and with the additional mpeg2 encoder will
> create DVDs.

I agree, quality is poor but if you are talking about doing a slide show on
TV, it's good enough. For anything else, you need something better.

ralford

I would hazard to guess that you have not created a slide show on VCD and
DVD and compared them. The lousy quality of VCD/SVCD etc are significantly
worse than a DVD at mpeg2 encoding. The difference is comparable to the
difference between VHS and DVD. If you can't see the difference between VHS
and DVD, then you can save yourself a lot of money on cameras and lenses

Certainly the quality is ultimately limited to the TV resolution and
capabilities. With VCD you leave a lot on the table.

news:Xns93BC92B8E70B2michalkunyahoocom@130.133.1.4 ...
> "ralford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:%3FRa.55898$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > if you enjoy photographs at all, you will certainly be disappointed
> > with VCD quality - about the same as VHS at best. Any of the common
> > video nle software will import the images and create a slide show, and
> > most will create a DVD. Significant difference it the mpg-2 encoding
> > on the DVD products. Check into ULEAD for example.
> >
> > Nero will create VCD's and with the additional mpeg2 encoder will
> > create DVDs.

> I agree, quality is poor but if you are talking about doing a slide show

on
> TV, it's good enough. For anything else, you need something better.

Myles

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:21:15 GMT, "ralford" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I would hazard to guess that you have not created a slide show on VCD and
>DVD and compared them. The lousy quality of VCD/SVCD etc are significantly
>worse than a DVD at mpeg2 encoding. The difference is comparable to the
>difference between VHS and DVD. If you can't see the difference between VHS
>and DVD, then you can save yourself a lot of money on cameras and lenses
>
>Certainly the quality is ultimately limited to the TV resolution and
>capabilities. With VCD you leave a lot on the table.
>
>rma

Does an LCD based Tv improve the display ? More generally are there
any features of TVs which help to improve VCD displays ?