Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: New Nikon 67mm Filter Ring Adapter for CP5700

Re: New Nikon 67mm Filter Ring Adapter for CP5700

Ed Ruf

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:47:55 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Steve Leo"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Has anyone purchased the new 67mm filter ring adapter for the CP5700. If so can you tell me if you
>are happy with it. Can any 67mm filter be attached or only Nikon filters. Any information or insight
>on this new product will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I believe any 67mm filter would work. Have you looked at the FAQ on the
nikon site? Go to the 5700 tech support page at:
http://www.nikonusa.com/usa_tech_cen...roductNr=25504

and click on FAQs. Not surprisingly, the 5700 accessory shockwave pages
down mention this.

http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

ralford

and they are sold out... and why 67mm?

rma

"Ed Ruf" <EG*nospam*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:47:55 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Steve Leo"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Has anyone purchased the new 67mm filter ring adapter for the CP5700. If

so can you tell me if you
> >are happy with it. Can any 67mm filter be attached or only Nikon filters.

Any information or insight
> >on this new product will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

> I believe any 67mm filter would work. Have you looked at the FAQ on the
> nikon site? Go to the 5700 tech support page at:

http://www.nikonusa.com/usa_tech_cen...roductNr=25504

> and click on FAQs. Not surprisingly, the 5700 accessory shockwave pages
> down mention this.
>
> __________________________________________________ ______
> Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
> http://members.cox.net/egruf
> See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
> http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Steve Leo

"ralford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:eHkRa.51958$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> and they are sold out... and why 67mm?
>
> rma

Amazon.com has both the Nikon 67mm filter ring adapter and a four 67mm package in stock for about
$120 combined, if you are interested. As to why 67mm, who knows. Nikon works in mysterious ways its
wonders to perform. If I were to guess I would think it's because it makes the adapter wide enough
to let the lens extend without a problem. I measured and 67mm is just slightly wider then the lens
when retracted. Anyway that's the only adapter specifically for filters Nikon makes for the CP5700
as far as I know. Just arriving in stores recently.

Ed Ruf

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:52:58 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "ralford"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>and they are sold out... and why 67mm?

Sold out? I doubt they are even available yet, especially as such the don't
give a model number. Why 67mm? My guess would be so you could stack filters
without vignetting and there are other cameras which use 67mm filters. Such
are available at http://www.2filter.com
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Frank ess

"Steve Leo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GSlRa.4577$(E-Mail Removed)2.webusenet.com.. .

| "Ed Ruf" <EG*nospam*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:52:58 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "ralford"
| > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
| >
| > >and they are sold out... and why 67mm?
| >
| > Sold out? I doubt they are even available yet, especially as such
the don't
| > give a model number. Why 67mm? My guess would be so you could stack
filters
| > without vignetting and there are other cameras which use 67mm
filters. Such
| > are available at http://www.2filter.com
| > __________________________________________________ ______
| > Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
| > http://members.cox.net/egruf
| > See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
| > http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam
|
| If you do a search on Google you will find that these filter rings
and filters are available at
| several sites including Amazon.com although Nikon claims they are out
of stock. And they do have
| part numbers. The below was taken directly from the Nikon website.
|
| Nikon USA sells a filter set and adapter rings for the Coolpix 5700.
|
| This filter set consists of four 67mm filters: UV, Circular
Polarizer, Neutral Density 4 and Neutral
| Density 8. They come complete in a handy filter wallet. These filters
require the use of an adapter
| ring, see below, for use with the Coolpix 5700.
|
| 67mm Filter Set (requires adapter ring)
| Product #5596
| MSRP US$119.95
|
| 67mm Adapter Ring - required for use of 67mm filters with Coolpix
5700
| Product #5597
| MSRP US$34.95
|
| As I mentioned Amazon.com has both items for about $120 combined and
they say they usually ship in
| 24 hours. I was wondering if anyone has bought them and used them
with no problems. I have asked
| Nikon whether the treads on the filter ring adapter are universal and
can be used with any 67mm
| filter. I'm waiting for an answer.

The Amazon.com site lists the items as "By Nikon." I reckon they will
come from a well-known photo store on the Eastern seabord, in Nikon
boxes. If they don't, Amazon will have to eat the return.

Frank ess

Ed Ruf

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:22:55 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Steve Leo"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If you do a search on Google you will find that these filter rings and filters are available at
>several sites including Amazon.com although Nikon claims they are out of stock. And they do have
>part numbers.

Ok, thanks. I was thinking more like a model number such as that used for
every other adapter Nikon has, UR-E??