Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > canon G2/3 and flash

canon G2/3 and flash

PrincePete01

how is the balance and holdability (is that a word?) of the canon G cameras
with a 4xxEX or 5xxEX flash attached? would a small sidemount flash
bracket/handle be a good idea? is anyone using one they could recommend? i know
a bracket would require an off camera cord, which i still have from the days
before i went digital (seems so long ago when i had a 540EZ for my eos A2.
thanks for any input.
peter

Mark B.

"PrincePete01" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how is the balance and holdability (is that a word?) of the canon G

cameras
> with a 4xxEX or 5xxEX flash attached? would a small sidemount flash
> bracket/handle be a good idea? is anyone using one they could recommend? i

know
> a bracket would require an off camera cord, which i still have from the

days
> before i went digital (seems so long ago when i had a 540EZ for my eos

A2.
> thanks for any input.
> peter

The 420EX is a good match for the Gx series, the 540EX would be a little big
and top heavy unless you really need the extra power. I use the 420 on my
G1, I think it's well balanced.

Mark

bs_kramer@yahoo.com

I have used both the G2 and now the G3 with a 420EX. It is not the best
balance but it is certainly acceptable. I also use that flash with one of
the Stroboframe brackets and the off camera cord. That works great but it
is just not the compact package that just the camera is.

A bit of advice. You can't use the 540EZ usless you just want a manual
flash. They do make a 550EX which is very similiar and will work fine with
the G series but IMHO it is way to big even with the bracket combination.

Which ever way you decide to go, good luck and have fun!!