Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D100 Monitor and Bright Days?

D100 Monitor and Bright Days?

Liam Kelly

My Nikon D100's monitor is impossible to see outdoors on a bright day.
Has anyone here invented a successful gadget which gets around this
(and how's it made)?

Thanks,
Liam the Unhandy

Adiliegro

Liam Kelly <Liam Kelly <(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> My Nikon D100's monitor is impossible to see outdoors on a bright day.
> Has anyone here invented a successful gadget which gets around this
> (and how's it made)?
>
> Thanks,
> Liam the Unhandy

There is such a thing...do a search for monitor hood. I have seen
them on the internet for sale.

Twisterbret

Try this

http://www.hoodmanusa.com

Twisterbret

Liam Kelly <Liam Kelly <(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> My Nikon D100's monitor is impossible to see outdoors on a bright day.
> Has anyone here invented a successful gadget which gets around this
> (and how's it made)?
>
> Thanks,
> Liam the Unhandy

Ed Ruf

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:05:59 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Liam Kelly <Liam
Kelly <(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote:

>My Nikon D100's monitor is impossible to see outdoors on a bright day.
>Has anyone here invented a successful gadget which gets around this
>(and how's it made)?

http://www.photosolve.com/main/produ...iew/index.html
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Connie Terasi

Turn up the monitor brightness. It's on your menu...

"Liam Kelly >" <Liam Kelly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
My Nikon D100's monitor is impossible to see outdoors on a bright day.
Has anyone here invented a successful gadget which gets around this
(and how's it made)?

Thanks,
Liam the Unhandy

Not A Speck Of Cereal

As Liam Kelly <Liam Kelly <(E-Mail Removed)>> so eloquently put:

[] My Nikon D100's monitor is impossible to see outdoors on a bright day.
[] Has anyone here invented a successful gadget which gets around this
[] (and how's it made)?
[]
[] Thanks,
[] Liam the Unhandy

There is another option than those given: do not use the monitor image
to judge. Learn how to use the histogram and the highlight blowout
indicator at most.

Chris

--
"My current strat is actually a hollow tele."
-- Fabio