Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Why not a Flash -> flash device?

Why not a Flash -> flash device?

Shaw Goh \(NetPlus Micro Computers\)

I was thinking, many people stick with one type of flash memory and feel the
need to stick to it for future purchases. I went through the same thing
before buying Sony Digicam because of memory stick when I already have a
supply of compact flash. Why don't someone make a portable flash -> flash
reader/writer? it should

- be cheapish (US$100 or less) as components are a normal 6-in-1 reader
(US$20), battery set ($US30), processor (US$30).
- May use AA batteries instead which brings down costing as Flash are more
energy efficient than hard drive (thinking Xdrive)
- Robust & small - no hard drive
- cheap alternative memory - 512mb Compact Flash

Vosonic or anyone else, please make this!