Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > re: Leica D7 next year

re: Leica D7 next year

_

Interesting thread.

If not Leica perhaps Konica, Contax or Cosina (Voigtlander)?

I personally would like to see a 1:1 CCD M mount rangefinder with a
swing out screen like Canon G series. Pattern metering would be nice
too.

Just think of using a 12 or 15mm Heliar at 1:1 with digital capture!

John at photodigitalstudio dot com

Snorre Selmer

> I personally would like to see a 1:1 CCD M mount rangefinder with a
> swing out screen like Canon G series.

I agree.

> Pattern metering would be nice
> too.

Blasphemy! If it's Leica, it has a center-weighted metering system...

> Just think of using a 12 or 15mm Heliar at 1:1 with digital capture!

That would be interesting...

Rich Hernandez

How about the just-announced 10mp digital back for the Leica R9?

"Snorre Selmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsy6Ra.6463$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I personally would like to see a 1:1 CCD M mount rangefinder with a
> > swing out screen like Canon G series.

> I agree.
>
> > Pattern metering would be nice
> > too.

> Blasphemy! If it's Leica, it has a center-weighted metering system...
>
> > Just think of using a 12 or 15mm Heliar at 1:1 with digital capture!

> That would be interesting...

lalil@lule.lo

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:45:55 +0200, "Snorre Selmer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Blasphemy! If it's Leica, it has a center-weighted metering system...

I don't know which Leicas to which you were referring, but no LTM or M
mount model as a centre-weighted meter ever

Rick

Roman J. Rohleder

_ <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb:

>I personally would like to see a 1:1 CCD M mount rangefinder with a
>swing out screen like Canon G series. Pattern metering would be nice
>too.

Wonīt come that soon. Read the chat protocoll Leica organized for the
announcement of the R-Digital Back. They quote the problem there:

Current CCDs donīt behave to well to light falling in at low angles -
just like it happens with lenses designed for low film-flange
distance.

>John at photodigitalstudio dot com

Gruss, Roman

lalil@lule.lo

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 02:42:04 +0200, Roman J. Rohleder
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>_ <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb:
>
>>I personally would like to see a 1:1 CCD M mount rangefinder with a
>>swing out screen like Canon G series. Pattern metering would be nice
>>too.

>Wonīt come that soon. Read the chat protocoll Leica organized for the
>announcement of the R-Digital Back. They quote the problem there:
>
>Current CCDs donīt behave to well to light falling in at low angles -
>just like it happens with lenses designed for low film-flange
>distance.

This alleged problem does not affect the Zeiss/Hasselblad Biogon and
Sinarback 54 combo:
http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B58B...256CEF002B0244

Rick