Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > A70 Firmware

A70 Firmware

Zol.

I`ve just posted an image in the "alt.binaries.photos.original" group taken
with my A70; "Pilot Request by Zol." - this was even taken with some
electronic zoom as well - the only thing I did was make sure the camera was
absolutely steady when it was taken - this shot was taken yesterday ... Zol.

> "Zol." <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> > I wish we could get a definitive answer on this `soft image` - To be

> quite
> > honest most of my shots come out sharp & clear

> There is soft, there's normal and there's eye-piercing. Some films
> also had the reputation for being soft.
> Mine seem fine to may eye. You could do a little post-processing and
> have an eye-piercing look to the pictures.
>
> > p.s. Has anybody asked anyone in Canon about the so called `soft

> image`
> > matter ? (Z)

> Yes. Asked TS at Canon. They guy, who otherwise seemed intelligent,
> said he never heard of it. He added that the one A70 they have in the
> office worked fine.
>
> Take if for what it's worth. Either the TS folks at Canon are stupid,
> or play stupid. At least they could read the comments about their new
> product on the net and have a ready response. Regardless what that
> response would be. Maybe they do read and the _official_ response is
> _never heard about it_ )
>
> Rich

YeahRight

I posted a response/sample as well. I've only owned it a short while, but
some of my shots have been fantastic.

cheers,
Matt.

> "Zol." <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> > I wish we could get a definitive answer on this `soft image` - To be

> quite
> > honest most of my shots come out sharp & clear

> There is soft, there's normal and there's eye-piercing. Some films
> also had the reputation for being soft.
> Mine seem fine to may eye. You could do a little post-processing and
> have an eye-piercing look to the pictures.
>
> > p.s. Has anybody asked anyone in Canon about the so called `soft

> image`
> > matter ? (Z)

> Yes. Asked TS at Canon. They guy, who otherwise seemed intelligent,
> said he never heard of it. He added that the one A70 they have in the
> office worked fine.
>
> Take if for what it's worth. Either the TS folks at Canon are stupid,
> or play stupid. At least they could read the comments about their new
> product on the net and have a ready response. Regardless what that
> response would be. Maybe they do read and the _official_ response is
> _never heard about it_ )
>
> Rich

Zol.

Hi, I`ve checked this out - the only suggestion I have is to set your Image
compression to superfine rather than fine but I love the Image - Zol.

news:iLkRa.3630$(E-Mail Removed)...