Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > up close

up close

HRosita

Hi,

How close are you getting?
Sometimes you have to get into Macro mode ( if you camera has it). Also check
your manual. If you get closer than the capability of the camera, the
foreground will be fuzzy.

I just looked at the specs on dpreview.com

and your camera has:
Normal focus range 50 cm - Infinity (19.7 in - Infinity)
Macro focus range 7 cm - 70 cm (2.7 in - 27.5 in) .

Rosita

Matthew Paterson

Hey

Im kind of new to digital photography, and have a Kodak DX4900 digital
camera. I like it, and it does the job. I usually run it on 4.0 MP, but I
am having some bother getting decent photos of things close up.

Any pictures I do take a blurry and not at all sharp.

What should I do? Should I stay a distance and use the zoom? Get closer?
With or without flash? It seems like the auto-focus is a bit haywire, as
I have taken some photos where stuff in the background is more in focus.

Any ideas much apperciated. Thanks.

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Silvio Dante

Matthew Paterson <(E-Mail Removed)> staggered into the Bada Bing and
slurred:

>Im kind of new to digital photography, and have a Kodak DX4900 digital
>camera. I like it, and it does the job. I usually run it on 4.0 MP, but I
>am having some bother getting decent photos of things close up.
>
>Any pictures I do take a blurry and not at all sharp

It's possible that you're not allowing the camera to focus.

You should depress the shutter switch halfway and wait a second or two to
let the camera focus; then push the shutter switch all the way down to take
the picture. Also set the camera to its MACRO mode for close-ups.

"She's so fat, her blood type is Ragu."

Marvin Margoshes

"Silvio Dante" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Matthew Paterson <(E-Mail Removed)> staggered into the Bada Bing and
> slurred:
>
> >Im kind of new to digital photography, and have a Kodak DX4900 digital
> >camera. I like it, and it does the job. I usually run it on 4.0 MP, but I
> >am having some bother getting decent photos of things close up.
> >
> >Any pictures I do take a blurry and not at all sharp

> It's possible that you're not allowing the camera to focus.
>
> You should depress the shutter switch halfway and wait a second or two to
> let the camera focus; then push the shutter switch all the way down to

take
> the picture. Also set the camera to its MACRO mode for close-ups.

A camera on auto-focus should not take a picture until it has set the focus.
If it is unable to set the focus properly, thre suggested delay won't help.