Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony Cybershot DSC P8 - shutter speed question

Sony Cybershot DSC P8 - shutter speed question

RickF1ab

I have been experimenting with my new Cybershot. I have been very
happy with the results but I have not been able to figure out how to
take photos with a slow shutter speed outside of the optional
settings.

Anyone have any ideas how to set the shutter speed automatically?

Many thanks,

Rick

Luke

There are no apeture or shutter priority modes on this camera.

the only thing you can do to decrease the shutter speed in 'manual mode' is
to turn down the ISO rating to 100, (which is worth doing anyway most of the
time unless you need higher speed).

But if you set the camera into scene mode and select the night time setting
it seems to opt for a long exposure and narrow aperture, so try that.

Luke

"RickF1ab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have been experimenting with my new Cybershot. I have been very
> happy with the results but I have not been able to figure out how to
> take photos with a slow shutter speed outside of the optional
> settings.
>
> Anyone have any ideas how to set the shutter speed automatically?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Rick

RickF1ab

Cheers Luke.