Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Source for frames and precut matte

Re: Source for frames and precut matte

The Queen of Cans and Jars

Andrew McDonald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have an 11x17 print and a 16x20 frame. Is there some place to
> purchase frames and precut mattes?
>
> I just don't know if I want to invest in the tools and materials for the
> small amount of framing I am likely to do.

Light Impressions should have everything you need:

http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.co...OnlineShopping

Robertwgross

dhrravr wrote:
>Light Impressions should have everything you need:

Geez. Yes, but their prices are almost nine or ten times what I pay for mattes.
I guess that is the price you pay for the inconvenience of buying online. Try
Wal-Mart.

---Bob Gross---

The Queen of Cans and Jars

Robertwgross <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dhrravr wrote:
> >Light Impressions should have everything you need:

> Geez. Yes, but their prices are almost nine or ten times what I pay for
> mattes. I guess that is the price you pay for the inconvenience of buying
> online. Try Wal-Mart.

sure, that works...if you want your artwork to look like it was framed
at wal-mart.

Robertwgross

dhrravr wrote:
>sure, that works...if you want your artwork to look like it was framed
>at wal-mart.

No, I frame them myself, using only standard frame sizes. So the standard
mattes from Wal-Mart are behind the glass.

---Bob Gross---

Scott Ranger

Yes, light impressions is expensive. Try these folks, I use the regularly:

www.americanframe.com

Prices and service are great. Same Nielsen aluminum frames, and they cut my
matte and backing boards to my exact specifications. I like this, because I
don't print everthing the same size (unlike my brother!).

Scott Ranger