Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > VHDL vs. Verilog

VHDL vs. Verilog

Pawel

Hello All

Can anybody give me link to the discussion on
advantages and disadvantages on using VHDL and
Verilog?
The selection should be constrained only to the
digital hardware.

Thanks in advance
Pawel

ALuPin@web.de

Try googling this forum. There have been many discussions on that
topic.

Rgds
André

Pawel schrieb:
> Hello All
>
> Can anybody give me link to the discussion on
> advantages and disadvantages on using VHDL and
> Verilog?
> The selection should be constrained only to the
> digital hardware.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Pawel

Kai Harrekilde-Petersen

Pawel <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Hello All
>
> Can anybody give me link to the discussion on
> advantages and disadvantages on using VHDL and
> Verilog?

To paraphrase an earlier response:

Verilog was designed by a bunch of hardware guys who didn't know a
thing about designing software. We had to beat on it before we could
make any real work with it.

VHDL was designed by a bunch of software guys who didn't know a thing
about designing hardware. We had to beat on it before we could make
any real work with it.

Kai

Pawel

> To paraphrase an earlier response:
>
> Verilog was designed by a bunch of hardware guys who didn't know a
> thing about designing software. We had to beat on it before we could
> make any real work with it.
>
> VHDL was designed by a bunch of software guys who didn't know a thing
> about designing hardware. We had to beat on it before we could make
> any real work with it.

He he, I like that. However, it does not help me, does it?

cheers
Pawel

Pawel

Here I found a good one:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...6b2b45950a74ff

cheers
Pawel

Verilog/VHDL Simulation Elf VHDL 1 10-10-2003 04:31 PM
dummy projects in VHDL/Verilog shumon VHDL 1 09-24-2003 01:41 AM
how to design this datapath unit for DSP using VHDL/Verilog? walala VHDL 3 08-30-2003 05:26 PM
where to find DCT/IDCT for JPEG/JPEG2000 VHDL/VERILOG source code? walala VHDL 0 08-01-2003 09:44 PM

Advertisments