Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > HP 7400C Flatbed scanner-Any good for film

HP 7400C Flatbed scanner-Any good for film

Stromer2

I have access to a HP 7400 C flatbed scanner. It has a slide adapter. I have
not used it yet. Does anyone know if this item will produce adequate scans of
35 mm and medium format slides/negatives? I know that dedicated film scanners
sometimes have problems producing good scans.

I have done a web search but could not find any information on the quality of
film scans from flatbed scanners. Aslo comments from people with experience
with similar equipment would be welcome.

Thanks for any advice, Rick

bowser

Why not just hook it up and try it?

"Stromer2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have access to a HP 7400 C flatbed scanner. It has a slide adapter. I

have
> not used it yet. Does anyone know if this item will produce adequate

scans of
> 35 mm and medium format slides/negatives? I know that dedicated film

scanners
> sometimes have problems producing good scans.
>
> I have done a web search but could not find any information on the quality

of
> film scans from flatbed scanners. Aslo comments from people with

experience
> with similar equipment would be welcome.
>
> Thanks for any advice, Rick

David R

I have that scanner and I have used it some for slides and 35mm
negatives.
It's ok for the occasional scanning. Try it with the HP software and
then try it with a trial version of Vuescan
http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html