Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus E10 Question

Olympus E10 Question

Martin Francis

Almost 100% sure i'm buying an E10 now. Quick question, though; is it
possible to use the Li-Po battery grip without actually using the Li-Po
battery? I'd like to use standard AA rechargables, but i'm also keen on
using the vertical shutter release. Is it a) possible, and b)
straightforward?

--
Martin
http://www.btinternet.com/~mcsalty

Todd Walker

In article <bes457$64d$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Almost 100% sure i'm buying an E10 now. Quick question, though; is it
> possible to use the Li-Po battery grip without actually using the Li-Po
> battery? I'd like to use standard AA rechargables, but i'm also keen on
> using the vertical shutter release. Is it a) possible, and b)
> straightforward?

No, it is not possible. The Lipo grip gets inserted into the battery
compartment of the camera so with the Lipo in place, there is nowhere to
put AAs.

IMHO, the Lipo is overrated and overpriced. I returned mine.

--
________________________________
Todd Walker

mcgyverjones

"Martin Francis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bes457$64d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Almost 100% sure i'm buying an E10 now. Quick question, though; is it
> possible to use the Li-Po battery grip without actually using the Li-Po
> battery? I'd like to use standard AA rechargables, but i'm also keen on
> using the vertical shutter release. Is it a) possible, and b)
> straightforward?
>
> --
> Martin
> http://www.btinternet.com/~mcsalty

a)No b) see (a)
With that out of the way, I have found that the vertical release is the last
reason to get the grip. I find the vertical grip awkward and usually just do
it the old fashioned way with the arm over the head or releasing with the
thumb.
The grip does give good heft, better for longish exposures and bad for
carrying all day. It is great if you have big hands, and you can go all day
with no battery hassles.
And it looks cool - but it is expensive!

MJ