Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Short life of rechargeable battery pack

Short life of rechargeable battery pack

Ray

I have a Canon A50 using NB-5H battery pack. NB-5H is Nickel-hydride
battery. I charged a new battery about a dozen times and observed the
service life diminishes quickly. Now, I can take a couple of shots with a
fully charged battery pack. Can someone let me know what is wrong with the
battery. I do not believe a rechargeable battery has such short life time.

Thanks,

Ray

Joseph Meehan

It sounds like a bad cell.