Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: PDN story on photo agency retouching departments

Re: PDN story on photo agency retouching departments

Hecate

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:28:15 -0400, edjh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Eric Gill wrote:
>

>>>Never see it now. Do you have the latest updates? Do you have
>>>that Enhanced Preview extension enabled? I seem to remember that causing
>>>some problem as well.

>> If that sets it off, that would be good to know. Kyocera doesn't seem to be
>> aware of that, though.

>Maybe that was it then. All I can say is that I have not seen this (nor
>has anyone in my office--over 50 users)since just after Quark 4 was
>released.

OK. Read this all through. I agree with Eric. (who named exactly one
of the bugs I was thinking of _ I only supported people using Quark
for a short time - it just seemed like years <g>)I hope to be able to
purchase ID in the near future.

As for the Mac v. PC thing. The reason Mac users would get depressed
switching to Windows is because they are Mac users (and some would say
don't know any better, but I couldn't possibly comment <g>). The same
is true of PC users of course.

--

Hecate
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Fried computers a specialty)

Hecate

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:16:10 -0400, edjh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> OK. Read this all through. I agree with Eric. (who named exactly one
>> of the bugs I was thinking of _ I only supported people using Quark
>> for a short time - it just seemed like years <g>)I hope to be able to
>> purchase ID in the near future.
>>
>> As for the Mac v. PC thing. The reason Mac users would get depressed
>> switching to Windows is because they are Mac users (and some would say
>> don't know any better, but I couldn't possibly comment <g>). The same
>> is true of PC users of course.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Hecate
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Fried computers a specialty)

>Well, we're not doing Mac vs PC so I'll reserve my horse-laugh for
>another time. But which Quark bug are you referring to? If it's the
>"volume not found" thing, I tell you that can be fixed on the Mac
>platform. As I said, Quark can be a pain in the ass, but I am just not
>experiencing these bugs.

Yes, that one. And we had exactly the same sort of experiences Eric
did. On Mac and Win. (Except, of course, as is usual with Quark, the
Windows version had even more bugs than the Mac version).

And the reason I only supported people using Quark for a short time?
They discovered that Pagemaker could do everything they needed and
switched to that. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that given time, a
fair wind, a bugless half and hour or so when the pigs are flying over
the blue moon, that Quark could do more. But PM did everything that
was needed, was stable and much easier to use, and had a support desk
that didn't make you want to personally go there and ram the phone
down their throat.

>Don't get me wrong. If they announced at my job tomorrow that we were
>switching to InDesign I would not shed a tear for Quark. I just don't
>have much of a problem with it.

LOL! That's fair enough. Peo[ple's experiences will always be
different. But from what I've heard and seen, you've been lucky.

--

Hecate
(E-Mail Removed) (Fried computers a specialty)