Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Which Printer ???????????

Which Printer ???????????

Geoff

Hi,

Wonder if anyone could offer any printer advice??

I have a Canon S820 at the moment - I've been really happy with the results
until the last few days when I'm getting banding in the prints and nozzle
check pattern indicates a blocked photo cyan head. I've done all of the
cleaning/deep cleaning routines and it won't shift. I bought it from
Jessops (UK) in November last year and the same thing happened about a month
after I got it and they replaced it, so this one is the second S820 I've
had. They have offered to replace this one with whatever I want (obviously,
if it costs more that the S820, I will pay the difference). But which one
to go for????

I really like the S820, but don't I'm not sure I want to risk another one -
what about the i950?? Anyone got any thoughts on this printer??

Don't know a great deal about the Epson ones, 830, 915, 935 or 950. I'm not
interested in being able to stick a CF card in the printer and it will get
used 90% of the time for photos as I have an old Epson 760 that I use for
draft stuff and text.

Thanks in advance

Geoff

TiredRob

"Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6TUPa.9529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Wonder if anyone could offer any printer advice??
>
> I have a Canon S820 at the moment - I've been really happy with the

results
> until the last few days when I'm getting banding in the prints and nozzle
> check pattern indicates a blocked photo cyan head. I've done all of the
> cleaning/deep cleaning routines and it won't shift. I bought it from
> Jessops (UK) in November last year and the same thing happened about a

month
> after I got it and they replaced it, so this one is the second S820 I've
> had. They have offered to replace this one with whatever I want

(obviously,
> if it costs more that the S820, I will pay the difference). But which one
> to go for????
>
> I really like the S820, but don't I'm not sure I want to risk another

one -
> what about the i950?? Anyone got any thoughts on this printer??
>
> Don't know a great deal about the Epson ones, 830, 915, 935 or 950. I'm

not
> interested in being able to stick a CF card in the printer and it will get
> used 90% of the time for photos as I have an old Epson 760 that I use for
> draft stuff and text.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Geoff

Geoff,

Here's my take on it: Going strictly on my own personal experience, I'd say
you've been unlucky with the Canon blocking up like that - My s800 has
behaved in an exemplorary fashion ever since new, about 18 months ago. My
previous 3 Epsons however, were all prone to regular blocking/banding
problems. Run a google search for blocked inkjets, and guess which
manufacturer hits the jackpot time after time..

I'd go with the i950, haven't seen a bad review of it yet.

Open for debate of course, since we all go on our own experiences..

Rob.

Pena

"Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6TUPa.9529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Wonder if anyone could offer any printer advice??
>
> I have a Canon S820 at the moment - I've been really happy with the

results
> until the last few days when I'm getting banding in the prints and nozzle
> check pattern indicates a blocked photo cyan head. I've done all of the
> cleaning/deep cleaning routines and it won't shift. I bought it from
> Jessops (UK) in November last year and the same thing happened about a

month
> after I got it and they replaced it, so this one is the second S820 I've
> had. They have offered to replace this one with whatever I want

(obviously,
> if it costs more that the S820, I will pay the difference). But which one
> to go for????
>
> I really like the S820, but don't I'm not sure I want to risk another

one -
> what about the i950?? Anyone got any thoughts on this printer??
>
> Don't know a great deal about the Epson ones, 830, 915, 935 or 950. I'm

not
> interested in being able to stick a CF card in the printer and it will get
> used 90% of the time for photos as I have an old Epson 760 that I use for
> draft stuff and text.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Geoff

Geoff

I've had i950 now for couple of days and it is just as good as reviewd by
users.
Prints from PS are just like photos, i can't see any difference- these are
way better than lab ones.
i950 was MacWorld's winner some time ago.

Ben