Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > tweaking digital photo

tweaking digital photo

Margaret Boisvert

I have a digital camera which i would like to take a photo of different
rooms in my house,and then with the use of a program change the floor color
and wall colors.Does anyone have any idea if there is a program available.I
don't need something complicated.Thanks in advance.

Paul Worden

Photoshop LE or Photoshop 7.

I haven't used any others, but I think any half decent editor would allow
you to do that.

Paul W

Tony Cooper

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:20:20 -0400, "Margaret Boisvert"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a digital camera which i would like to take a photo of different
>rooms in my house,and then with the use of a program change the floor color
>and wall colors.Does anyone have any idea if there is a program available.I
>don't need something complicated.Thanks in advance.

Sierra Home Architect (about $50) did exactly this. You could import
your own pictures and change colors and such. I'm not sure it the
program is still available, though. I do see several listings on eBay
for the program at a Buy It Now price of $24.99.

Broderbund's program at
http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/ca...e=28306&ai=531
may do the same thing, but I've not seen it work.

I wouldn't get involved with Adobe Elements or anything like this if
all you want to do is change wall and carpet colors. I use Adobe's
Photoshop 7, and there's a pretty steep learning curve to mask out
specific areas like this.

--
Tony Cooper aka: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Provider of Jots, Tittles, and Oy!s