Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak 3400 picture count

Kodak 3400 picture count

Lewis Foss

My cameras count which was about 4600 reset (?itself) to 1 again.
How can I change this?
TIA
Lewis
Email welcome. Return address works

CSM1

"Lewis Foss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BB348B09.5A8A%(E-Mail Removed)...
> My cameras count which was about 4600 reset (?itself) to 1 again.
> How can I change this?
> TIA
> Lewis
> Email welcome. Return address works

I don't know if it will work for a Kodak camera.

My Olympus C2040Z with the filename option set to "AUTO" will start the
number sequence with the number of an image transferred from the computer to
the smartmedia card. It has to be an original image from the camera, that
is renamed to the correct number.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Ron Baird

Greetings Lewis,

What are you trying to do? I may be able to help you. Let me know.

Ron Baird
Kodak

"CSM1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_JYPa.550$(E-Mail Removed) y.com...
> "Lewis Foss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:BB348B09.5A8A%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My cameras count which was about 4600 reset (?itself) to 1 again.
> > How can I change this?
> > TIA
> > Lewis
> > Email welcome. Return address works
> >

> I don't know if it will work for a Kodak camera.
>
> My Olympus C2040Z with the filename option set to "AUTO" will start the
> number sequence with the number of an image transferred from the computer

> the smartmedia card. It has to be an original image from the camera, that
> is renamed to the correct number.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Ron Baird

Greetings Lewis,

Was reviewing your issue and noted the following, it only applies to Kodak
Digital Cameras that use the:

1. DCIM folder, the 100KXXXX image file folder (where XXXX is the
model number of the camera, e.g. 3400)
2. DCP_YYYY.jpg image filename (where YYYY is a number from 0001 to
9999) scheme for image organization within the camera (DC240, DC280, DC5000,
DC3400, DC3200, DC4800).

The question is - did you change anything in the DCIM folder? Did you make
any changes to your system? Add something? Or, have any image files with
9999 in the heading? One way you can change the number sequence follows,
but this will only work with a Card Reader.

1. Take at least one picture with the camera.
2. Put the card in the reader and then in Windows Explorer
3. Open the DCIM folder, open the 100KXXXX folder, rename the file so
the filename is DCP_9999.jpg.
4. Put the card back in the camera and take at least one more picture.
5. The 9999 filename in the 100KXXXX folder will force the camera to
create a new folder named 101KXXXX. The images in this folder will be
numbered DCP_0001.jpg, DCP_0002.jpg and so on.
6. Then put the card back in the reader, delete the folder 100KXXXX
that had the 9999 image file in it and your image numbers will now be reset.
NOTE This work around does not apply to any other Kodak digital
cameras since they don't use the same image numbering logic as our latest
digital cameras.

Hope this helps.

Ron Baird
Kodak