Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Buying Minolta S414

Re: Buying Minolta S414

Dreamer

"Robert Razavi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Where can I buy this for $325? By checking www.Bizrate.com and
> www.resellerratings.com, I discovered most 'trusted' stores sell this
> for $350 and up.

Calumet Photo sells it for $329, and stores don't, in my opinion, get much
more trusted than that. I went and picked mine up right at the Chicago store
and the fellow had a nice chat with me about digicams. That one was for my
office. Since this was for my office, I didn't mind paying the sales tax,
and there was no shipping. Out the door about 360. If you don't live in a
state where CP has a store, they shouldn't charge you any tax.

Amazon sells it for $335 or so. I had some credit with them, and they were
having a deal where you get a $50 gift certificate if you buy something
worth $250 or more from their electronics store (though you can't use it for
the purchase itself) so I bought one from them for myself. Free shipping, no
sales tax.

Jim McQuillan

Sorry but I am not in America.
Ordered mine from Empire Direct in Leeds, Yorkshire.
Cost is 254 Stirling + 8 postage.
Seems to be the cheapest price around.
Cheers. jimac
"Dreamer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bemp8u$akm$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Robert Razavi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Where can I buy this for $325? By checking www.Bizrate.com and
> > www.resellerratings.com, I discovered most 'trusted' stores sell this
> > for $350 and up.

> Calumet Photo sells it for $329, and stores don't, in my opinion, get much
> more trusted than that. I went and picked mine up right at the Chicago

store
> and the fellow had a nice chat with me about digicams. That one was for my
> office. Since this was for my office, I didn't mind paying the sales tax,
> and there was no shipping. Out the door about 360. If you don't live in a
> state where CP has a store, they shouldn't charge you any tax.
>
> Amazon sells it for $335 or so. I had some credit with them, and they were
> having a deal where you get a $50 gift certificate if you buy something
> worth $250 or more from their electronics store (though you can't use it

for
> the purchase itself) so I bought one from them for myself. Free shipping,

no
> sales tax.

---