Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: ? Inaccurate color reproduction using scanner

Re: ? Inaccurate color reproduction using scanner

Tim

No colour space will display the full range of the visible spectrum.
The RGB colour space is no different. You will notice this effect at
the ends of the spectrum mostly, ie. in the Blues, Reds and sometimes
the Greens. It is not the scanner that is not capable of recording the
detail, it is just that the detail scanned is then converted into the
RGB colourspace, so it can be displayed on the monitor, that may not
be able to reproduce the Blue tones of the original.
The colour space will be further compressed when converted to CMYK for
printing, this will really kill the Blues!