Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Upgrade from Windows 98SE to XP Pro

Re: Upgrade from Windows 98SE to XP Pro

ajacobs2

WE went to Win 2000 Pro and XP with the 4000 scanner and neither worked.
You should have concerns, It doesn't like either and Nikon support in this
issue is a closed door.
Finally we split the system loaded another machine with Win 98, some fast
drives and lots of ram, only the scanner and photoshop, runs like a jewel.

"DScheffold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am considering upgrading to XP Pro from 98 SE but I have a few concerns.

I am
> running a P3 650MB with Intel processor. I have 512MB of RAM. Now the

sticky
> part. I have a Nikon 2000 Film Scanner and a Nikon Flatbed Scanner that

both
> operate off of an Adaptec SCSI controller. I had a difficult time

installing
> both scanners but they are now operating fine. I am concerned when I

install
> the upgrade that the SCSI devices will not operate. Has anyone upgraded

with