Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Replacement Batteries

Canon Replacement Batteries

Jason O'Rourke

John McGaw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>No, not actually "more robust". Netscape 4.nn simply ignores and/or
>misinterprets many standards set out by W3C -- the reason that it is the
>bane of web authors. In fairness, there never has been ANY browser that got

I always thought that was IE's role - accepting spacing, ignoring case,
pretty much allowing all sorts of stupidity by the authors.
--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

that was me!
so is it still the same volts as your original?

"Brian Tilley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message

news:<9dpPa.27237$(E-Mail Removed) et>...
> > "John McGaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:ZEnPa.1149$x%(E-Mail Removed)2.webusenet.com...
> > > "Brian Tilley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

> > > snip...
> > > Sadly, the company may have wonderful batteries and fantastic prices

but
> > > their web-site skills are, well, questionable. I tried to check them

out
> > > since I'm in the market for a new Canon battery and found that IE6

> > displayed
> > > nothing but a blank page. Tried Mozilla with the same result. Tried

> > Netscape
> > > with the same result. That lead me to actually look at the source

which
> > WAS
> > > present -- just not displaying anything. Discovered that they had

> > commented
> > > out a line near the beginning of their HTML and failed to terminate it
> > > properly so that the rest of the page was turning into a comment. I

just
> > > extracted their e-mail address from the site's source code and told

them
> > how
> > > to fix it. Guess we'll see if they stay up late...
> > > --
> > > John McGaw
> > > [Knoxville, TN, USA]
> > >
> > > Return address will not work. Please
> > > reply in group or through my website:
> > > http://johnmcgaw.com

> > Works fine in IE6 for me........

> Yesterday I recieved email from the owner of the terascout.com site.
> He told me the site was off-line for a few days because they "were
> moving" whatever that means. Maybe moving to another server or ISP.
>
> Someone asked about the details of the battery I purchased from them
> for my Canon G3. It is 7.4 volts, 1250mAh. The original is 1100mAh.
> Maybe that 150mAh is the reason I get so much more life out of a
> charge.

ahh, nice!
yeah, the original battery is only 850mAh, the one from terascout is 950mAh.
I'm thinking of buying one....just worried about the custom fees/taxes for
sending to Canada.

"Brian Tilley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<0%EPa.22796$(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> > that was me!
> > so is it still the same volts as your original?
> >
> > "Brian Tilley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message

> > news:<9dpPa.27237$(E-Mail Removed) et>...

for

good

there

cameras

prices
> > but

them
> > out

> > displayed

Tried
> > Netscape

> > which
> > WAS

> > commented

terminate it

> > just

told
> > them
> > how

> > > Yesterday I recieved email from the owner of the terascout.com site.
> > > He told me the site was off-line for a few days because they "were
> > > moving" whatever that means. Maybe moving to another server or ISP.
> > >
> > > Someone asked about the details of the battery I purchased from them
> > > for my Canon G3. It is 7.4 volts, 1250mAh. The original is 1100mAh.
> > > Maybe that 150mAh is the reason I get so much more life out of a
> > > charge.

> Yes,
>
> Both are 7.4 volts.
>
> I'm amazed at how much longer this battery keeps a charge.

Abrasha

J wrote:

> ahh, nice!
> yeah, the original battery is only 850mAh, the one from terascout is 950mAh.
> I'm thinking of buying one....just worried about the custom fees/taxes for
> sending to Canada.

Uhm,

You must be mixing up two different batteries, because the original poster was
speaking about a 7.4 V, 1250 mAh instead of 1100 mAh battery.

See below.

> > Yes,
> >
> > Both are 7.4 volts.
> >
> > I'm amazed at how much longer this battery keeps a charge.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

*oops*
sorry, was talking about the S230 battery in comparison thinking about the
G3 one...it was early in the morning, lol.
thanks!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...