Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji Finepix 4700zoom display flashing red! Help!

Fuji Finepix 4700zoom display flashing red! Help!

chester

I've got a Fuji Finepix 4700zoom and it's started acting really
strangely. The display sometimes goes almost completely red. I can
still basically see what's going on in the display, but it's all red.
However, if you take a picture while the screen is red, the picture
comes out ok. So at least that.

I don't see any real pattern to when it does it, but it seems like it
MAY depend on what's being viewed at the time. For instance, maybe I
point the camera at one corner of the room.. and it goes red. I spin
around and point at a window and it goes back to normal. That sort of
thing. However, I suppose it could just be the physical movement of
the camera that's causing the display to fix itself. Maybe some loose
bit in there or something.

Has anyone had similar experiences? If so, is there any way to fix it
or is it one of those things that's just telling me the camera is
about to die? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!