Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: X Drive II won't work under Win98SE

Re: X Drive II won't work under Win98SE

Alfred Molon

In article <3f0d5d9d$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Do you mean the X'S drive - a USB storage device?
>
> USB is not well supported by WIN 98. I had a similar
> problem with a USB card reader due to contention
> with a USB CD drive. The (partial) solution was to
> unplug the CD drive (the drivers do not need to be removed) if I wanted to
> use the reader - not very
> convenient. You might also need to re-install the
> X-drive.

I have a USB 2.0 CD burner (computer is USB 1.1) which works without
problems. Also a USB scanner and external USB HDD work without problems
(under 98SE).
--

Alfred Molon