Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: If anyone has some spare time for a website check ...

Re: If anyone has some spare time for a website check ...

Michael Stevens

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:45:20 -0400, Charlie D
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Michael Stevens <bigmikeatbigmikesdotorg> wrote:
>
>> I won't argue with people who dislike Flash. I'm not trying to convert
>> people. But, to say "the web is about information" is ignoring an
>> incredibly HUGE segment of the web and the possiblities that the web
>> presents.

>That's true.
>I've turned flash on to visit sites that had flash games and cartoons.
>They were fun.
>If a moving picture gets information across in a more understandable
>manner, fine.
>As far as gratuitous noise and motion are concerned, phooey!
>It's several steps worse than those who post a page of text with a
>background of flowers. It may be attractive to the web designer. Too bad
>you can't read it.

I'll buy that. I don't think Flash animations are nearly as bad as a
"background of flowers" with unreadable type across it but to each his
own.

Thanks for the comments.