Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Which DVD player reliably plays JPEGs

Re: Which DVD player reliably plays JPEGs

Gundam

The other option you can look at are software that turns your movies
and photos (jpg, gif, etc) into a VCD.

Then that VCD can be played on any NORMAL DVD players. This way, your
money will be spent in a better way, in my view.

Because in the future, I'm sure you'd want to give out copies of your
photos on CD so your friends & families can also view them at their
own homes right?

Look at products from ULEAD, Pinnacle Systems, etc.

ralford

"normal DVD" wonder what that might be. Depending on the age of the player
it may or may not play CDR, i.e. VCD, SVCD etc.

see www.dvdrhelp.com for the "final" word on most of these issues.

Cheers,

rma

"Gundam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> The other option you can look at are software that turns your movies
> and photos (jpg, gif, etc) into a VCD.
>
> Then that VCD can be played on any NORMAL DVD players. This way, your
> money will be spent in a better way, in my view.
>
> Because in the future, I'm sure you'd want to give out copies of your
> photos on CD so your friends & families can also view them at their
> own homes right?
>
> Look at products from ULEAD, Pinnacle Systems, etc.

John Navas

In <CBfPa.4453$(E-Mail Removed)> on Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:27:30
GMT, "ralford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"normal DVD" wonder what that might be. Depending on the age of the player
>it may or may not play CDR, i.e. VCD, SVCD etc.
>
>see www.dvdrhelp.com for the "final" word on most of these issues.

If only that were true -- unfortunately, there is a good deal of inaccuracy
and inconsistency.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>