Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Irfanview: How to install new AVI code?

Irfanview: How to install new AVI code?

lbbs

I had some problems viewing avi's in double size mode, so the author of
Irfanview,
told me that I need to update my avi code drivers. How would I do that?
And where can I get them?

>I set double size under option, properties, video/sound. I have it set to
>internal player. When I play an avi and right mouse click on the picture
>it goes double size, but it puts this annoying menu in the way (blocks part
>of the picture). I can't get it to automatically start playing in double
>size. Any ideas? I have no problem using double size with external
>player, but I would like to use the internal player. thanks

Uni

Uni wrote:
> lbbs wrote:
>
>> I had some problems viewing avi's in double size mode, so the author of
>> Irfanview,
>> told me that I need to update my avi code drivers. How would I do
>> that?
>> And where can I get them?

> From your operating system's disc.
>
> The following files are called by Mplayer.exe when you play .avi files:
>
> Windows\Win.ini
> Windows\System.ini
> Windows\System\Mciavi.drv
> Windows\System\Msvideo.dll
> Windows\System\Dciman.dll
> Windows\System\Avifile.dll
> Windows\System\Msvfw32.dll
> Windows\System\Wow32.dll
> Windows\System\Msvidc32.dll
> Windows\System.dat
> Windows\User.dat
>
> I have no idea what codec, if any, was used to encode your AVI's.

This application may be of some use:
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Uni

> Uni - http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps.../uni-page.html
>

>>> I set double size under option, properties, video/sound. I have it
>>> set to
>>> internal player. When I play an avi and right mouse click on the
>>> picture
>>> it goes double size, but it puts this annoying menu in the way
>>> (blocks part
>>> of the picture). I can't get it to automatically start playing in
>>> double
>>> size. Any ideas? I have no problem using double size with
>>> external
>>> player, but I would like to use the internal player. thanks

Trev

Get the latest Media Player
news:(E-Mail Removed)...