Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Seeking recommendation for good printer: documents & photos

Re: Seeking recommendation for good printer: documents & photos

Jack

I recently purchased a Canon i850 printer. It's the fastest printer I have
ever had and both text and photos are of excellent quality. I paid $135 on
line including shipping. It is far superior to the HP's I had in the past.
I feel that four colors are adequate for good photo results unless you want
to pay more both for the printer and ink.
Jack
"Quiet Voice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Greetings:
>
> I'd like to solicit suggestions on the best printer to purchase to be
> used both for general document reproduction and also for digital
> photographic reproduction. Essentially, I like to get good quality
> photo reproduction but I'd prefer not paying premium prices --
> especially since the printer will primarily be for standard text
> printing.

Wayne

"Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bdsvfv$4op$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I recently purchased a Canon i850 printer. It's the fastest printer I have
> ever had and both text and photos are of excellent quality. I paid $135 on
> line including shipping. It is far superior to the HP's I had in the past.
> I feel that four colors are adequate for good photo results unless you want
> to pay more both for the printer and ink.
> Jack

4 colurs combined with AMD (adv micro droplet) technology are more
than just adequate here.

i850 will be your best choice
if you print photos rarely, buy canon's photo paper pro - pr-101
(4x6", A4 formats, borderless)