Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Toshiba Satellite L10 Battery Cover

Toshiba Satellite L10 Battery Cover

Rich Strang

Hi

I have a Toshiba Satellite L10 and find that I run it off mains power
for 90% of the time. Therefore to conserve the life of the battery I
remove the battery when powered by mains. Unfortunately as the battery
has an integrated cover it leaves a big hole in the bottom of the
laptop with the terminals uncovered. Are you aware of anywhere I can
obtain a battery cover from, kind of like a blanking plate?

Answers appreciated,

Regards
Rich

Scrote

Rich Strang wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a Toshiba Satellite L10 and find that I run it off mains power
>> for 90% of the time. Therefore to conserve the life of the battery I
>> remove the battery when powered by mains. Unfortunately as the
>> battery has an integrated cover it leaves a big hole in the bottom
>> of the laptop with the terminals uncovered. Are you aware of
>> anywhere I can obtain a battery cover from, kind of like a blanking
>> plate?
>>
>> Answers appreciated,
>>
>> Regards
>> Rich

Presuming a Li-ion battery or more advanced, you are doing the battery
no favours. Much better to leave it in the LT, float charging
continuously. This will not adversely effect the battery life, as it is
not going through a deep discharge cycle. Further, it also means that in
the other 10% of the time, you have a fully charged and ready to go
battery.

--
HOPE -- Desire and expectation rolled into one.
Ambrose Bierce1842-1914