Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Connection failure

Connection failure

Bob Mathewson

Using AT&T Worldnet and Outlook Express. Attempting to send mail, but
connection breaks a few seconds after connecting.This is the error message:
"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'postoffice.att.net',
Server: 'netnews.att.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

This happens even when I'm trying to send a regular e-mail, not to a
newsgroup. Problem arose only after upgrading to XP.

Duane Arnold

"Bob Mathewson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:y5g9f.8766$(E-Mail Removed):

> Using AT&T Worldnet and Outlook Express. Attempting to send mail, but
> connection breaks a few seconds after connecting.This is the error
> message: "The connection to the server has failed. Account:
> 'postoffice.att.net', Server: 'netnews.att.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
> 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
>
> This happens even when I'm trying to send a regular e-mail, not to a
> newsgroup. Problem arose only after upgrading to XP.

You check with AT&T about your problem? Some IPS(s) don't use SMTP port
25 for outbound email so that they can stop outbound spam mail from
machines that have been compromised on their network they use some other
port like 587 for EarthLink SMTP dial-up as an example. Maybe, your
upgrade to XP may have set the OE settings to the default port 25 or your
user-id and password for OE if being used is no longer valid with the
upgrade. There are topics out on Google on how to test you SMTP or POP3
connection with your ISP. But you may want to check with your ISP first.

Duane

Al Moran

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:22:06 GMT, "Bob Mathewson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>0x800CCC0E

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q191687

Lynda Williams

What you might want to do is try to reinstall AT&T WorldNet. Make sure you
the incoming, outgoing mail server information entered correctly. This goes
for the newsgroup server as well.

Lynda

"Bob Mathewson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:y5g9f.8766$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using AT&T Worldnet and Outlook Express. Attempting to send mail, but
> connection breaks a few seconds after connecting.This is the error

message:
> "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'postoffice.att.net',
> Server: 'netnews.att.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,

Socket
> Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
>
> This happens even when I'm trying to send a regular e-mail, not to a
> newsgroup. Problem arose only after upgrading to XP.

Success Or Failure: There Is No Such Thing As Failure bs866806@163.com C Programming 0 01-06-2008 11:41 AM
Cisco 1417 ADSL connection with Virtual-Template1 (possibly a NATfeature failure?) Matteo Rinaudo Cisco 1 01-31-2005 04:26 AM
Db Connection Failure GD ASP .Net 4 05-08-2004 07:37 PM
open connection failure with jet engine. david ASP .Net 1 11-17-2003 04:56 AM

Advertisments