Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Baking up emails in NTL version of (looks like ?) Netscape

Baking up emails in NTL version of (looks like ?) Netscape

welltravelledlibran@ntlworld.com

Any one know how to do this. Ive made folders for my NTL home emails.
Now I need to find the file and bak it up any ideas where it is.

Please dont tell me I have to cut an paste all emails to notepad an
save as txt files

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

why?

On 30 Oct 2005 13:42:33 -0800, wrote:

It's Netscape or not? Help | About should tell you that.

Normally you can see from the post headers,
but as you are using a browser IE6 , it's not possible in this case.

Simple method for any Netscape / Mozilla is look at the profile info

See previous posts in 24HSHD,

You will find it's something like -

C:\Documents and Settings\<logon username>\Application
Data\Mozilla\Profiles\<profilename>\<some string>\Mail

It may vary a bit for versions of Windows that don't use 'Documents and
Settings' or where you don't use logon names for Windows.

>Any one know how to do this. Ive made folders for my NTL home emails.
>Now I need to find the file and bak it up any ideas where it is.

If you have made folders, search for the folder name, it is the fastest.

>Please dont tell me I have to cut an paste all emails to notepad an
>save as txt files

Why not, it works.

>Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

Wow.

Me

Plato

> Any one know how to do this. Ive made folders for my NTL home emails.
> Now I need to find the file and bak it up any ideas where it is.

Depends on the email program you are using.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Whiskers

On 2005-10-30, (E-Mail Removed)
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Any one know how to do this. Ive made folders for my NTL home emails.
> Now I need to find the file and bak it up any ideas where it is.
>
> Please dont tell me I have to cut an paste all emails to notepad an
> save as txt files
>

> Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

Is this web-mail or on your own computer? If on your own computer, what
e-mail program do you use? Does it have a back-up feature of its own?
Have you tried looking for 'back-up' in the 'Help' for your e-mail program,
or for your operating system?

(No, you do not have to copy/paste anything).

--
-- Whiskers