Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Links/Page browser movement either banned/slow move

Links/Page browser movement either banned/slow move

Thaqalain

Several times I am getting No-entry sign(small circle with diagonal
line)momentarily 1/2 times when I click the link,it works on 3rd try.
When I get Yahoo news page,it moved too slow downward by mouse.
Voice lossed intermittently while opening another window/clicking
another link via RealPlayer Ver 10.5.
How can I fix these problems.

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows ME
OS Service Pack -
DirectX 4.08.01.0881 (DirectX 8.1)
Computer Name USER (USER)
User Name user

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD K6-2, 550 MHz (5.5 x 100)
Motherboard Name USI Pro283
Motherboard Chipset SiS 540
System Memory 176 MB (SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award Modular (07/11/00)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
Multimedia:
Audio Adapter SiS 7018 Audio Accelerator
Network Adapter PPP Adapter.
Network Adapter PPP Adapter.
Network Adapter SiS NIC SISNIC
Network Adapter Speedstream Ethernet USB Adapter (192.168.2.10)
Modem Conexant HCF V90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem

Peripherals:
USB1 Controller SiS 7001 PCI-USB Open Host Controller
USB1 Controller SiS 7001 PCI-USB Open Host Controller
USB Device Speedstream Ethernet USB Adapter
Physical Memory:
Total 175 MB
Used 164 MB
Free 10 MB
Utilization 94 %

Swap Space:
Total 1872 MB
Used 115 MB
Free 1757 MB
Utilization 6 %

Virtual Memory:
Total 2047 MB
Used 279 MB
Free 1768 MB
Utilization 14 %
--------[ Windows Audio
]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aux.0 0000 0000
midi-in.0 0001 0067 MPU-401
midi-out.0 0001 0066 Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth
midi-out.1 0001 0066 SiS Wavetable
midi-out.2 0001 0066 MPU-401
mixer.0 0001 0068 SiS 7018 Wave
wave-in.0 0001 0065 SiS 7018 Wave
wave-out.0 0001 0064 SiS 7018 Wave

Toolman Tim

Thaqalain wrote:
> Several times I am getting No-entry sign(small circle with diagonal
> line)momentarily 1/2 times when I click the link,it works on 3rd try.
> When I get Yahoo news page,it moved too slow downward by mouse.
> Voice lossed intermittently while opening another window/clicking
> another link via RealPlayer Ver 10.5.
> How can I fix these problems.
>
> Computer:
> Operating System Microsoft Windows ME
> CPU Type AMD K6-2, 550 MHz (5.5 x 100)
> System Memory 176 MB (SDRAM)

Start by getting a real computer and losing that WinME crap. You're trying
to run 2005 software on a 1999 PC. It's getting tired. Too slow. Run down.
Old dog - new tricks. You don't have enough horsepower under the hood. Get
the picture?

like an idiot.

Thaqalain

Thanks for your valuable tech advices,while I am typing reply I can't
look alphas same time,it is appearing after a moment.

Whiskers

On 2005-10-30, Thaqalain <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Several times I am getting No-entry sign(small circle with diagonal
> line)momentarily 1/2 times when I click the link,it works on 3rd try.
> When I get Yahoo news page,it moved too slow downward by mouse.
> Voice lossed intermittently while opening another window/clicking
> another link via RealPlayer Ver 10.5.
> How can I fix these problems.

snip

Stop asking your computer to do so many things at once.

You might notice some improvement if you add more RAM.

If you really need to have 'multimedia' running while you do other things,
you will need a more powerful computer.

Some people believe that Linux or BSD make better use of your computer's
resources than Windows does.

--
-- Whiskers