Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > comparing the array for generic parameters

comparing the array for generic parameters

srinukasam

hello
in my design i need a logic to compare the array (suppose width 16 bit
and
size of 0 to 15) with a vector of 16 bit in parallel and in one clk
cycle.
and need to generate address of array is matching.
AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)

thank you
bye

Me

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 04:45:47 -0400, srinukasam wrote:

> hello
> in my design i need a logic to compare the array (suppose width 16 bit
> and
> size of 0 to 15) with a vector of 16 bit in parallel and in one clk
> cycle.
> and need to generate address of array is matching.
> AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)
>
> thank you
> bye

Homework?
I hope VHDL teachers in India read this newsgroup.

A.

Ralf Hildebrandt

srinukasam wrote:

> in my design i need a logic to compare the array (suppose width 16 bit
> and
> size of 0 to 15) with a vector of 16 bit in parallel and in one clk
> cycle.
> and need to generate address of array is matching.

What part of my last explanation did you not understand?

> AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)

Which 3 parameters? Your description of the problem is not clear.

Comparing a vector element to a constant or generic parameter is not
different to comparing it to a signal.

Ralf

Andy Peters

srinukasam wrote:
> hello
> in my design i need a logic to compare the array (suppose width 16 bit
> and
> size of 0 to 15) with a vector of 16 bit in parallel and in one clk
> cycle.
> and need to generate address of array is matching.
> AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)

Sounds like a job for a content-addressable memory (CAM).
Implementation details are left as an exercise for the reader.

-a