Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cant access usb flash disk

Cant access usb flash disk

Fastfix Computers

Hi All

I got this Kingstone 128mb flash disk but when I plug into any of my 8 usb
ports on to my desktop or my laptop it cannot be partitioned or formatted.

The message I get is please put a disk into drive h any help would be great

Thanks Mucko

TheAngryComputer'Dude

i got the same error with a PNY Attache. The disk is defective.

Fred

"Fastfix Computers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> I got this Kingstone 128mb flash disk but when I plug into any of my 8 usb
> ports on to my desktop or my laptop it cannot be partitioned or formatted.
>
> The message I get is please put a disk into drive h any help would be
> great
>
> Thanks Mucko

Any switches on the disk to write/password protect it?