Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > what do you charge?

what do you charge?

Are there IT service people here?

What do you charge per hour?

Do you have different rates for business or private?

Just wondering?

Alan

> Are there IT service people here?
>
> What do you charge per hour?
>
> Do you have different rates for business or private?
>
> Just wondering?

Too many variables. Geography is #1 - type of work is something else.
Changing backup tapes and doing desktop support is drastically differnet
thn building servers or a server cluster......

Tony

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are there IT service people here?
>
> What do you charge per hour?
>
> Do you have different rates for business or private?
>
> Just wondering?

Depends what the job is.Homebased callout I charge circa 20 for the first
hour and 15 each hour thereafter (would add callout charge if further away,
unsociable hours or charge less if hardup, OAP or disabled).

Business can vary from 25 to 50 depending on what they want done, where
they are, how long they want me for, how urgent it is and when it is (i.e.
unsociable hours, weekend, bank/public holidays). I do charge less for a
few friends/relatives that have businesses if they throw a meal and a couple
of drinks in while I am there .

> Are there IT service people here?
>>
>> What do you charge per hour?
>>
>> Do you have different rates for business or private?
>>
>> Just wondering?

ok.. just wondered. I charge no callout, 40 per hour business or personal.
in my area average most charge between 40 and 55 i would say 45 about
average.

i recently called 20 companies in my area doing some market research, i
said i wanted a wireless network installed and a virus removed.

cheapest was 20 per hour and most expensive said i should take an engineer
for half a day at 495+VAT

so I wa just wondering thats.

Plato

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Are there IT service people here?
> What do you charge per hour?
> Do you have different rates for business or private?

Like some others said the rate in your area will depend on your
location. ie the average hourly rate here where I live NJ is twice what
it is in Ohio. Also, lets say you call service people who have ads in
the phone book the rates will vary greatly.

Also, a house call to a private residence doesn't want to hear about an
hourly rate unless you can cap the total charge, which often means
working four hours for a 2 hour charge. However, the next time that
customer calls you in and only has a simple problem you may make out and
make an hours pay easily.