Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Installing Extension Problem

Installing Extension Problem

Richard Charney

I've got the latest version of Firefox installed 1.5.0.3. When I try to
download any extension or theme, it won't let me because it says I have
to change the option for installing software. I have everything set to
let me install software with Firefox, but it still keeps giving me the
same error.

Can anybody give me a suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Richard

gwtc

Richard Charney wrote:

> I've got the latest version of Firefox installed 1.5.0.3. When I try to
> download any extension or theme, it won't let me because it says I have
> to change the option for installing software. I have everything set to
> let me install software with Firefox, but it still keeps giving me the
> same error.
>
> Can anybody give me a suggestion on how to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

xpinstall.enabled

when found double click on it and change it to true

--
How to Get a Life
Difficulty Level: Hard

Richard Charney

gwtc wrote:
> Richard Charney wrote:
>
>> I've got the latest version of Firefox installed 1.5.0.3. When I try
>> to download any extension or theme, it won't let me because it says I
>> have to change the option for installing software. I have everything
>> set to let me install software with Firefox, but it still keeps giving
>> me the same error.
>>
>> Can anybody give me a suggestion on how to fix this problem?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard

> in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
>
> xpinstall.enabled
>
> when found double click on it and change it to true

That was it! Thanks for your help!!

Richard