Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > New UK Voip Forum

Reply
Thread Tools

New UK Voip Forum

 
 
fred
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2006
Hi Folks
Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up. Here's the link
http://ukvoiptalk.com/
F.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2006


"fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sQ%6g.109931$(E-Mail Removed). uk
> Hi Folks
> Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.
> Here's the link http://ukvoiptalk.com/
> F.


No thanks, it wants cookies.

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David Floyd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2006
In message of Sat, 6 May 2006, fred writes
>Hi Folks
>Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up. Here's the link
>http://ukvoiptalk.com/
>F.
>
>


Why do we want yet another forum? What's wrong with uk.telecom.voip
 
Reply With Quote
 
hairydog@despammed.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2006
On Sat, 06 May 2006 11:33:44 GMT, "fred" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.


What is wrong with this newsgroup as a discussion forum for UK VOIP?
 
Reply With Quote
 
M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2006
On Sat, 06 May 2006 15:01:50 +0100, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Sat, 06 May 2006 11:33:44 GMT, "fred" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.

>
>What is wrong with this newsgroup as a discussion forum for UK VOIP?

Did he say there was anything wrong with it ??? .
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2006


"David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7QISsMj0HJXEFwkB@127.0.0.1
> In message of Sat, 6 May 2006, fred writes
> > Hi Folks
> > Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.
> > Here's the link http://ukvoiptalk.com/
> > F.

>
> Why do we want yet another forum? What's wrong with
> uk.telecom.voip


Well technically, this is a usenet newsgroup, not a forum.

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
Martin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2006
Ivor Jones wrote:

>
>
> "fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:sQ%6g.109931$(E-Mail Removed). uk
>> Hi Folks
>> Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.
>> Here's the link http://ukvoiptalk.com/
>> F.

>
> No thanks, it wants cookies.


Excellent. I'd far rather see web applications transmit my session ID
in a cookie, rather than ****ing about chucking it in an ugly URL
parameter (which will appear in browser histories and proxy logs).
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2006


"Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Ivor Jones wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > "fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:sQ%6g.109931$(E-Mail Removed). uk
> > > Hi Folks
> > > Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.
> > > Here's the link http://ukvoiptalk.com/
> > > F.

> >
> > No thanks, it wants cookies.

>
> Excellent. I'd far rather see web applications transmit
> my session ID in a cookie, rather than ****ing about
> chucking it in an ugly URL parameter (which will appear
> in browser histories and proxy logs).


Ok, if that's what you want. I don't trust cookies, and I clear logs and
histories immediately after creating them.

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2006
On 2006-05-06, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
> "fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:sQ%6g.109931$(E-Mail Removed). uk
>> Hi Folks
>> Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.
>> Here's the link http://ukvoiptalk.com/
>> F.

>
> No thanks, it wants cookies.


Just reject them then. The site content will still be accessible.

Brian.
 
Reply With Quote
 
M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2006
On Sat, 6 May 2006 19:26:44 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>Ok, if that's what you want. I don't trust cookies, and I clear logs and
>histories immediately after creating them.
>
>Ivor
>

Only an Idiot wouldn't Ivor .
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments