Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Wireless on 871W

Wireless on 871W

djzag9@gmail.com

I am experienced with Cisco networking but new to their Wireless
products. I am setting up a wireless network with an 871W, and trying
to create a wireless network for several people to connect thru. They
all should be able to get to the internet, and only the internet (i
dont want them to be able to get to eachother.) I have messed around,
and successfully been able to broadcast my ssid, and connect to it, and
get an ip from the dhcp pool on the 871, but i am unable to ping my
gateway (the 871) or any hops beyond it (not sure if the 871 had icmp
blocked)

There are many settings as far as the wireless goes, (VLANs,
Bridgegroups, Access point Root) which are all new to me. If anyone
knows of a nice pdf or website that goes into Cisco wifi for dummies i
would appreciate it.