Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Web accessibility

Web accessibility

Luigi Donatello Asero

There is a preliminary review for accessibility here
http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/preliminary.html
but it would be interesting to hear what people who are disabled think and
which problems they have today to
read/hear the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
by aural devices
--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...-i-italien.php

Nico Schuyt

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> ...... it would be interesting to hear what people who are disabled
> think and which problems they have today to
> read/hear the page
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
> by aural devices

Even for people who are *not* visually disabled the page is hard to read
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/faktaomitalien.png

--
Nico Schuyt
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:445c1027$0$32791$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > ...... it would be interesting to hear what people who are disabled
> > think and which problems they have today to
> > read/hear the page
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
> > by aural devices

> Even for people who are *not* visually disabled the page is hard to read

> http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/faktaomitalien.png

I guess that you refer to the different <border styles" which I am
testing...
but I was looking for some instrument to make visible the different
paragraphs...
I agree on that the solution which has been provided is not so good so far
but on the other hand
one needs try.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
www.lasvezia.eu

dorayme

In article <NBU6g.55861$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> > Even for people who are *not* visually disabled the page is hard to read

> > http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/faktaomitalien.png

> I guess that you refer to the different <border styles" which I am
> testing...

I doubt it, Luigi. If I recall, I think it might have been JL a
long time ago, someone went to the trouble of redoing a page for
you. Perhaps I don't remember it because it is too traumatic to
think how little notice you took of it?

--
dorayme

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme wrote:
> In article <NBU6g.55861$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>>> Even for people who are *not* visually disabled the page is hard to read

>>> http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/faktaomitalien.png

>> I guess that you refer to the different <border styles" which I am
>> testing...

> I doubt it, Luigi. If I recall, I think it might have been JL a
> long time ago, someone went to the trouble of redoing a page for
> you. Perhaps I don't remember it because it is too traumatic to
> think how little notice you took of it?

I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...

Luigi: "How do I do this?"
Other: "Here is the way to do this."
Luigi: "I do not agree."

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Els

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>> I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

> Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
> questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...
>
> Luigi: "How do I do this?"
> Other: "Here is the way to do this."
> Luigi: "I do not agree."

Other: "Why not?"
Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Now playing: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - L. A. Nights

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:445cc645$0$3700$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> dorayme wrote:
> > In article <NBU6g.55861$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> "Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)>

read

> >> I guess that you refer to the different <border styles" which I am
> >> testing...

> > I doubt it, Luigi. If I recall, I think it might have been JL a
> > long time ago, someone went to the trouble of redoing a page for
> > you.

Redoing?????

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
今天二零零*年五月*日

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Els wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>>
>>> I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

>> Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
>> questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...
>>
>> Luigi: "How do I do this?"
>> Other: "Here is the way to do this."
>> Luigi: "I do not agree."

> Other: "Why not?"
> Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

<LOL!>

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for https://luigi.one.man.business/

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:h2hq8a9b8h0g.v4713djnrgqp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
> > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> >
> >> I and BTS and maybe a few others got caught spitting into the wind.

> > Yeah. Every so often I promise myself I won't respond to any of Luigi's
> > questions. Then for some reason, I feel I must reply. Strange, I know...
> >
> > Luigi: "How do I do this?"
> > Other: "Here is the way to do this."
> > Luigi: "I do not agree."

> Other: "Why not?"
> Luigi: "I cannot disclose that, to protect my one man business."

Yes, sometimes it is just the best and most appropriate thing to do.
Perhaps difficult to understand if you do not have one yourself...

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
今天二零零*年五月*日