Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > little confused about jaxp and java 1.4.2

little confused about jaxp and java 1.4.2

Elhanan

hi..

i would like use Schema validation and transfomation and be as standard
as possible...

what is the jaxp version that comes 1.4.2 ?

can i get these features 'out of the box' (no further jar aside from
maybe jwsdp 1.6) downloads?

if so how?

Stefan Theusner

Hi Elhanan,

Elhanan wrote:
> hi..
>
> i would like use Schema validation and transfomation and be as standard
> as possible...
>
> what is the jaxp version that comes 1.4.2 ?

Current JAXP version is 1.3 and included in JWSDP 2.0 and Java SE 5.0

> can i get these features 'out of the box' (no further jar aside from
> maybe jwsdp 1.6) downloads?

Depends on which XML parsing model you want to use. For example using
DOM you also need the w3c dom jar.

By the way, why don't using JAXB (Java-XML binding)?
It's part of the JWSDP 2.0 and did a great job for me.

For detailed information have a look at suns JWSDP site.
http://java.sun.com/webservices/down...vicespack.html

Hope it helps you.

regards,
stefan

Steve W. Jackson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Stefan Theusner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi Elhanan,
>
> Elhanan wrote:
> > hi..
> >
> > i would like use Schema validation and transfomation and be as standard
> > as possible...
> >
> > what is the jaxp version that comes 1.4.2 ?

> Current JAXP version is 1.3 and included in JWSDP 2.0 and Java SE 5.0
>

> > can i get these features 'out of the box' (no further jar aside from
> > maybe jwsdp 1.6) downloads?

> Depends on which XML parsing model you want to use. For example using
> DOM you also need the w3c dom jar.

That's not correct. With J2SE 5.0, you do not need ANY additional jar
files to parse XML. In fact, you didn't with 1.4.2, either. Both
include the org.w3c.dom package and some java.xml packages. As of
1.5/5.0, there's support for DOM Level 3.

> By the way, why don't using JAXB (Java-XML binding)?
> It's part of the JWSDP 2.0 and did a great job for me.
>
> For detailed information have a look at suns JWSDP site.
> http://java.sun.com/webservices/down...vicespack.html
>
> Hope it helps you.
>
> regards,
> stefan

Java 1.4.2 included JAXP 1.2 built-in and used Crimson. Info at
<http://java.sun.com/webservices/jaxp/index.jsp> tells that 1.3 is
included in 1.5/5.0 and and offers links for downloading it for use with
older environments. It's now using Xerces.
--
Steve W. Jackson
Montgomery, Alabama

Stefan Theusner

> That's not correct. With J2SE 5.0, you do not need ANY additional jar
> files to parse XML. In fact, you didn't with 1.4.2, either. Both
> include the org.w3c.dom package and some java.xml packages. As of
> 1.5/5.0, there's support for DOM Level 3.

Sorry, i didn't know org.w3c.dom is included...

Elhanan

i AM using jaxb however, i found out the harder that doesn't validate
fully (for example what seemed like being accepted by jaxb , fell with
xerces, if i place values that weren't in simple types enumerations, or
if included an element more then once, when the maxOccurs was only 1.

i thought jaxb was all i needed i was wrong.

jwsdp 2.0 must have JAVA 5, we are running with java 1.4.2. that's why
i'm using jwsdp 1.6