Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird Newsgroups

Thunderbird Newsgroups

Gallus

Subscribing to a UK group shows up as US group. Example: subscribe to
uk.sport betting shows up as us.sport betting Anyone else have this
problem?

gallus

Moz Champion (Dan)

Gallus wrote:
> Subscribing to a UK group shows up as US group. Example: subscribe to
> uk.sport betting shows up as us.sport betting Anyone else have this
> problem?
>
> gallus

on which news server?

gallus

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
> Gallus wrote:
>> Subscribing to a UK group shows up as US group. Example: subscribe to
>> uk.sport betting shows up as us.sport betting Anyone else have this
>> problem?
>>
>> gallus

> on which news server?

news1.on.sympatico.ca

gallus

Moz Champion (Dan)

gallus wrote:
> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>> Gallus wrote:
>>> Subscribing to a UK group shows up as US group. Example: subscribe
>>> to uk.sport betting shows up as us.sport betting Anyone else have
>>> this problem?
>>>
>>> gallus

>> on which news server?

> news1.on.sympatico.ca
>
> gallus

Server side error. Contact sympatico.ca about this issue

Gallus

In article <pdZ6g.51673$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> gallus wrote:
> > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> >> on which news server?

> > news1.on.sympatico.ca
> >
> > gallus

> Server side error. Contact sympatico.ca about this issue

But it works OK with Gravity.

gallus

Moz Champion (Dan)

Gallus wrote:
> In article <pdZ6g.51673$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> gallus wrote:

>>> news1.on.sympatico.ca
>>>
>>> gallus

>> Server side error. Contact sympatico.ca about this issue
>>

> But it works OK with Gravity.
>
> gallus

Have you reported it to Sympatico.?

Gallus

In article <PJ57g.32697$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Gallus wrote:
> > In article <pdZ6g.51673$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...

> >> Server side error. Contact sympatico.ca about this issue
> >>

> > But it works OK with Gravity.
> >
> > gallus

> Have you reported it to Sympatico.?

No. I use Gravity and just trying T'bird out. Have you ever contacted
sympatico.ca? Had a problem some time ago and the help didn't know what
a newsreader was. Finally spoke to someone who said that only the
technical unit could help but I could not speak them but would send a
message to them. At that point I gave up. Sad.

gallus
gallus

Moz Champion (Dan)

Gallus wrote:
> In article <PJ57g.32697$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Gallus wrote:
>>> In article <pdZ6g.51673$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>> (E-Mail Removed) says...

>>> But it works OK with Gravity.
>>>
>>> gallus

>> Have you reported it to Sympatico.?

> No. I use Gravity and just trying T'bird out. Have you ever contacted
> sympatico.ca? Had a problem some time ago and the help didn't know what
> a newsreader was. Finally spoke to someone who said that only the
> technical unit could help but I could not speak them but would send a
> message to them. At that point I gave up. Sad.
>
> gallus
> gallus

Yes, I have spoken to sympatico technical help on several occasions, and
found they were as good as most other major ISPs.

Since I can recreate the problem here, and I do have a sympatico
account, I will look into the situation.

Gallus

In article <Pci7g.34707$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Gallus wrote:
> > In article <PJ57g.32697$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...

> >> Have you reported it to Sympatico.?

> > No. I use Gravity and just trying T'bird out. Have you ever contacted
> > sympatico.ca? Had a problem some time ago and the help didn't know what
> > a newsreader was. Finally spoke to someone who said that only the
> > technical unit could help but I could not speak them but would send a
> > message to them. At that point I gave up. Sad.
> >
> > gallus
> > gallus

> Yes, I have spoken to sympatico technical help on several occasions, and
> found they were as good as most other major ISPs.
>
> Since I can recreate the problem here, and I do have a sympatico
> account, I will look into the situation.

Thanks for your help in this. Wonder if they still tell the user to go
to OE to resolve problems.

gallus