Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Need standard function to do (Bool and Vector)

Need standard function to do (Bool and Vector)

Weng Tianxiang

Hi,
I need a standard function name to do (Bool and Vector).

For example:

A(2 downto 0) <= (C1 and B1(2 downto 0))
or (C2 and B2(2 downto 0))
or (C3 and B3(2 downto 0));

C1, C2 and C3 are boolean.

Thank you.

Weng

David Bishop

Weng Tianxiang wrote:

> Hi,
> I need a standard function name to do (Bool and Vector).
>
> For example:
>
> A(2 downto 0) <= (C1 and B1(2 downto 0))
> or (C2 and B2(2 downto 0))
> or (C3 and B3(2 downto 0));
>
> C1, C2 and C3 are boolean.

You will find the new versions of the packages at:
http://www.eda.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-20...ges/files.html

Looking at what has been done here, you can't do this with
"boolean_vector", but you can do this with bit and bit_vector.

Weng Tianxiang

David,
Thank you for your help.

I have used my definition of function BoolAndVector( ). What I had
hoped is replacing with a standard function might have gotten better
compilation and consequently better performance.

Now I know bit_vector is not what I want.

Weng