Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Dixons Freetalk adaptor

Dixons Freetalk adaptor

Paul Cupis

> On Fri, 5 May 2006 15:31:56 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)

>>> Only because you and a few others don't like me telling
>>> THE TRUTH regarding SIPGATE .

>> The OP never even mentioned Sipgate but you couldn't resist dragging them
>> into it, could you..?

> It was only mentioned due to the fact that I know instantly what he
> was eluding to and why he posted what he did ,and for your information
> I will continue to drag them into it when ever I possibly can so you
> just as well get used it If you don't like it tough.
> Had Sipgate not left me and others without phone service for 36 hours
> or more they would not even ever be mentioned here or anywhere else by
> me but they did so I will continue to give them a bad name whenever
> and where ever I can . No other voip provider that I know of has ever
> done this to customers that I know of may I an and hour or two or even
> a day yes but not from early Friday afternoon till Monday afternoon
> NEVER .

It is a shame that you use "X-No-Archive" to ensure that your words of
wisdom are not preserved for people searching the archives for advice.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 05 May 2006 16:18:24 GMT, "fred" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Fri, 05 May 2006 07:44:29 GMT, "fred" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi M.dexter
>>>How would you say the call quality/service is between Freetalk and Vonage?
>>>ask this as i am thinking of getting either Freetalk or Vonage for my dad.
>>>Thanks
>>>Fred.
>>>

>> Both perfect only Sipgate offers poor service .

>Thanks M Dexter. Would you choose one over the other though and for any
>particular reason?
>Fred.

To put it bluntly Fred I am not keen on fancy add-dons like voice mail
and being able to transfer calls to another number etc has I just do
not have the use for such things although you can do this with FT but
FT offer the least add-dons . This is the only reason for choosing FT
over Vonage why pay for extra's that you have no use for in fact my
two FT accounts will be closed later this year when I get to the end
of the 12 month contract which I paid for at the start .The one and
only thing regarding FT is that they employ the use of an 0870 number
which I find totally abhorrent for support even though I have not had
to use it at all . Noting at all wrong with the FT service but my
usage dictates that I can save money by using Voipcheap for incoming
calls and Sipdiscount for outgoing which cost approx seven pounds
every three months where as FT cost 7.00 a month .

Syd Hancock

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Thu, 04 May 2006 23:53:26 GMT, "fred"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hi Syd I believe it is locked to the Freetalk Service as far as
>>I am aware. I believe Dixons did a deal with a company called
>>packet8, an American
>>company http://www.packet8.net/ I use Freetalk on a daily
>>basis and have been very impressed by the call quality.
>>Fred.
>>

> Every bit as good has Vonage only a little cheaper with less
> add-ons we use FT on a daily basis also .

Thanks for the info. Also, on a simple practical level, how does
it connect to the broadband line? Does it need a router or can
it be used easily with a PC/modem combination? I have a router
but am thinking of suggesting it to family and friends who do
not.

Syd

fred

"Syd Hancock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e3ujtk$7s8$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 04 May 2006 23:53:26 GMT, "fred"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Syd I believe it is locked to the Freetalk Service as far as
>>>I am aware. I believe Dixons did a deal with a company called
>>>packet8, an American
>>>company http://www.packet8.net/ I use Freetalk on a daily
>>>basis and have been very impressed by the call quality.
>>>Fred.
>>>

>> Every bit as good has Vonage only a little cheaper with less
>> add-ons we use FT on a daily basis also .

> Thanks for the info. Also, on a simple practical level, how does
> it connect to the broadband line? Does it need a router or can
> it be used easily with a PC/modem combination? I have a router
> but am thinking of suggesting it to family and friends who do
> not.
>
> Syd

Hi Syd
It connects via an ethernet port on a spare port on a router for best
performance asno computers need to be on for it to work. It can be connected
via a USB port to a pc if no router is availablebut the pc has to be on.
Fred.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 11 May 2006 07:00:20 +0100, Syd Hancock
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 04 May 2006 23:53:26 GMT, "fred"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Syd I believe it is locked to the Freetalk Service as far as
>>>I am aware. I believe Dixons did a deal with a company called
>>>packet8, an American
>>>company http://www.packet8.net/ I use Freetalk on a daily
>>>basis and have been very impressed by the call quality.
>>>Fred.
>>>

>> Every bit as good has Vonage only a little cheaper with less
>> add-ons we use FT on a daily basis also .

>Thanks for the info. Also, on a simple practical level, how does
>it connect to the broadband line? Does it need a router or can
>it be used easily with a PC/modem combination? I have a router
>but am thinking of suggesting it to family and friends who do
>not.
>
>Syd

Either way Syd without router and simplified what you have to do is
connect the ATA to the modem THEN the computer to the ATA and all will
be well the Manuel is pretty easy to follow anyway .

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> Either way Syd without router and simplified what you
> have to do is connect the ATA to the modem THEN the
> computer to the ATA and all will be well the Manuel is
> pretty easy to follow anyway .

Que..?

Ivor

Jono

Ivor Jones formulated on Thursday :

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>
> [snip]
>
>> Either way Syd without router and simplified what you
>> have to do is connect the ATA to the modem THEN the
>> computer to the ATA and all will be well the Manuel is
>> pretty easy to follow anyway .

> Que..?
>
> Ivor

Don't mention the war.

GwG

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) yonder.com.co.uk...
> Ivor Jones formulated on Thursday :
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> Either way Syd without router and simplified what you
>>> have to do is connect the ATA to the modem THEN the
>>> computer to the ATA and all will be well the Manuel is
>>> pretty easy to follow anyway .

>> Que..?
>>
>> Ivor

> Don't mention the war.

Those Germans started it.
Where's my hamster?

Can the Freetalk SVA-510M adaptor be unlocked? ^^artnada^^ UK VOIP 2 09-05-2006 06:31 PM
Dixons Freetalk launches with a whisper Adam Aglionby UK VOIP 37 10-14-2005 06:12 AM
Dixons to launch Freevoice Adam Aglionby UK VOIP 28 10-08-2005 11:37 PM
freetalk from Dixons Andrew UK VOIP 14 09-27-2005 06:59 PM
Dixons says adieu to videos Digital Dude DVD Video 0 11-23-2004 07:20 AM

Advertisments