Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Eclipse with WebLogic plugin

Eclipse with WebLogic plugin

tim@nocomment.com

Has anyone mangaged to get this working yet? I am getting the below
error when I try to start it. Some of the values I have entered
regarding the server instance are:

Host Name: localhost
Port: 7001
SSLPort: 7002
User Name: Tim
Password:

On the console I get this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/mirror/declaration/Declaration
at weblogic.servlet.JSPServlet.uri2classname(JSPServl et.java:264)
at weblogic.servlet.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.jav a:192)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:856)
Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

On the browser, I get this error:

Error 500--Internal Server Error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/mirror/declaration/Declaration
at weblogic.servlet.JSPServlet.uri2classname(JSPServl et.java:264)
at weblogic.servlet.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.jav a:192)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:856)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$Servl etServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:225)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invok eServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:127)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute( ServletStubImpl.java:272)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute( ServletStubImpl.java:165)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$Ser vletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java :3153)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Se curityManager.java:121)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.sec uredExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:1973)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.exe cute(WebAppServletContext.java:1880)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(S ervletRequestImpl.java:1310)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread. java:207)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java :179)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

tim@nocomment.com

I found it. My tools.jar file was not up to date and did not have
com/sun/mirror/declaration/Declaration.

hiltondxx68xx hiltondxx68xx is offline
Junior Member

Another cause can be you have just installed the synergy plugin which very unhelpfully inserts its classpath infront the the standard J2EE one which happens to have an outdated classpath. To check then, look in MyEclipse / Preferences / Servers / Weblogic / Weblogic ?.X / JDK if the weblogic JDK name is a synergy one - swap it back to a standard JDK.