Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET 2 under Mono

ASP.NET 2 under Mono

Vincent Courcelle

Hello,
Does someone experimented running ASP.NET 2 under Mono ? What about
performances and compatibility ? I would like to run my application
under windows but I can't (because of my hoster).

It would be so great if the .NET framework were open sourced (as
membership provider has recently been), it would be a real attack to
Java (and C# is far better than Java language it think...) and his cross
platform compatibility.

Thanks

--
Vincent Courcelle
http://www.tubededentifrice.com et http://www.france-jeunes.net

John Timney \( MVP \)

if your hoster is not running XSP2 from mono you can't use asp.net 2 code.
I dont expect they will be as the work for it is not yet completed, so
you'll only get a partial implementation of asp.net v2 anyway until its
completed.

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft MVP

news:445a43cd$0$12444$(E-Mail Removed)...

John Timney ( MVP ) a écrit :
> if your hoster is not running XSP2 from mono you can't use asp.net 2 code.
> I dont expect they will be as the work for it is not yet completed, so
> you'll only get a partial implementation of asp.net v2 anyway until its
> completed.

In fact this is for dedicated hosting, but the hoster only propose linux
boxes.
I would mostly have a return on Mono performances and/or experiment, I
looked for this but I didn't find anything good on search engines
I can't believe that nobody is running ASP.NET apps under mono !

--
Vincent Courcelle
http://www.tubededentifrice.com et http://www.france-jeunes.net

John Timney \( MVP \)

There will be hundreds of apps under mono, but likely very few running
asp.net version 2

A few who have bothered tro lsit at Mono can be found here:
http://www.mono-project.com/Companies_Using_Mono

Also, wikepedia - one of the biggest DB systems uses Mono (probably via
Mod_mono), so it has to be fast.

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft MVP

news:445a7b0b$0$12875$(E-Mail Removed)...

John Timney ( MVP ) a écrit :
> There will be hundreds of apps under mono, but likely very few running
> asp.net version 2
>
> A few who have bothered tro lsit at Mono can be found here:
> http://www.mono-project.com/Companies_Using_Mono
>
> Also, wikepedia - one of the biggest DB systems uses Mono (probably via
> Mod_mono), so it has to be fast.

well, fine
I think I will try to install it on virtual pc to try my appz.
thanks for all