Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > problem with datasource being updated when the page is refreshed (Gridview)

problem with datasource being updated when the page is refreshed (Gridview)

Mike Grace

Hi,

I have a gridview which is using a SqlDataSource to update a table.

The SqlDatasource is using a stored procedure to update the table.

If I edit a row, change a value and click update the change is successfully
applied to the SQL table.

After this, the values in the underlying table are changed by another
process

If I click the refresh button, when the page is redisplayed (after clicking
retry on the warning), the underlying table is updated with the old values
that were in the grid.

This is obviously very dangerous.

How can I stop this from happening?

Surely when the page is refreshed, it shouldn't reapply the updates.

Regards

Mike

Code Rodent

Bit of a long shot this, but you wouldn't happen to be the Mike Grace of
Mileoak would you?

Andy L of Shoreham

"Mike Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a gridview which is using a SqlDataSource to update a table.
>
> The SqlDatasource is using a stored procedure to update the table.
>
> If I edit a row, change a value and click update the change is
> successfully applied to the SQL table.
>
> After this, the values in the underlying table are changed by another
> process
>
> If I click the refresh button, when the page is redisplayed (after
> clicking retry on the warning), the underlying table is updated with the
> old values that were in the grid.
>
> This is obviously very dangerous.
>
> How can I stop this from happening?
>
> Surely when the page is refreshed, it shouldn't reapply the updates.
>
> Regards
>

> Mike

Mike Grace

Yup.

Mike

"Code Rodent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23dEf%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bit of a long shot this, but you wouldn't happen to be the Mike Grace of
> Mileoak would you?
>
> Andy L of Shoreham
>
> "Mike Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a gridview which is using a SqlDataSource to update a table.
>>
>> The SqlDatasource is using a stored procedure to update the table.
>>
>> If I edit a row, change a value and click update the change is
>> successfully applied to the SQL table.
>>
>> After this, the values in the underlying table are changed by another
>> process
>>
>> If I click the refresh button, when the page is redisplayed (after
>> clicking retry on the warning), the underlying table is updated with the
>> old values that were in the grid.
>>
>> This is obviously very dangerous.
>>
>> How can I stop this from happening?
>>
>> Surely when the page is refreshed, it shouldn't reapply the updates.
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> Mike

Mike Grace

How do I send you an email?

Got an address.

Mike

"Mike Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yup.
>
> Mike
>
> "Code Rodent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23dEf%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Bit of a long shot this, but you wouldn't happen to be the Mike Grace of
>> Mileoak would you?
>>
>> Andy L of Shoreham
>>
>> "Mike Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a gridview which is using a SqlDataSource to update a table.
>>>
>>> The SqlDatasource is using a stored procedure to update the table.
>>>
>>> If I edit a row, change a value and click update the change is
>>> successfully applied to the SQL table.
>>>
>>> After this, the values in the underlying table are changed by another
>>> process
>>>
>>> If I click the refresh button, when the page is redisplayed (after
>>> clicking retry on the warning), the underlying table is updated with the
>>> old values that were in the grid.
>>>
>>> This is obviously very dangerous.
>>>
>>> How can I stop this from happening?
>>>
>>> Surely when the page is refreshed, it shouldn't reapply the updates.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>

>>> Mike

Code Rodent

Hi Mike,

or should I say Mick the fish. Withouht pasting my email addy directly into
this NG use the following without the spaces and replace the AT for an @ on
a n d y . l a m p e r AT d o t c o n n e c t e d . com.

I'll be good to hear from you old bean.

Cheers

Andy

"Mike Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I send you an email?
>
> Got an address.
>

> Mike
>
> "Mike Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yup.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> "Code Rodent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23dEf%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Bit of a long shot this, but you wouldn't happen to be the Mike Grace of
>>> Mileoak would you?
>>>
>>> Andy L of Shoreham
>>>
>>> "Mike Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Mike Grace

O.K.